A baby shower is a fun way for soon-to-be parents to celebrate with friends and family about the new life that will be heading their way. When you get invited, it’s essential to come to the party with everything you need. You’ll need to purchase a gift from their registry and include a baby shower card with a special message for the new parents.
It can be challenging to write a baby shower gift message. You know that it will likely be passed around to other guests and re-read again by the soon-to-be mother. It’s normal to feel a little stuck when trying to find the perfect thing to say in a baby shower card. We’ve put together the ultimate guide of what to write in a baby shower card and some examples you can use for boys or girls if you can’t find the perfect words.
What Do You Write in a Baby Shower Card?
When choosing what to say in a baby shower card, you should consider the event’s level of formality and how close you are with the new parents. If you are close with the family, you might want to write a personal message from the heart and some encouraging words or advice for future parents. You can choose to be serious, funny, or formal, depending on how comfortable you feel with the family. If you’re not that close or don’t know what to say, using the word “congratulations” or “congrats on baby” is an easy way to sign a baby shower card.
Regardless of how close you are with the family or how well you can write baby shower wishes, we all hit writer’s block now and then. We’ve put together some excellent baby shower card sayings you can write to show you care!
Baby Shower Wishes for a Girl
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice; this is what your little girl and new family are made of.
- Your daughter will be happy, intelligent, and beautiful – just like her Mom!
- Enjoy all the little moments. The moments fly by fast, from dressing her in pink bows and tutus to buttoning the back of her bridal gown.
- We can’t wait to meet your bundle of joy wrapped in pink!
- Booties and Bonnets, ribbons and lace, little stuffed toys all over the place. Congratulations on your incredible addition to the family.
Baby Shower Wishes for a Boy
- Congratulations on the addition of your little man. Get ready for bats, balls, toy cars, and all sorts of surprises.
- Oh Boy, Oh Boy! We can’t wait to meet your new addition and shower him with love. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your special day.
- He’s already the luckiest boy in the world to have you both as parents. We can’t wait for your bundle of joy!
- We hope he gets his daddy’s humor and mother’s smile. I can’t wait to meet you, little one!
- Your boy is going to be such a fantastic addition to your family. Make sure to enjoy every little moment.
You can use the baby shower greetings above as-is or make some changes to personalize them. It is much easier to start with a message than write from scratch.
Baby Shower Card Printable
On this site, you can create a baby shower card free of charge.
- Click on the button above, select a baby shower card template.
- Download your free printable baby shower card. If you want to print it then download it in PDF format. If you are going to send it digitally then download it as a jpg or a png file.
- Print it on cardstock or on a nice good quality piece of paper. If you want to add an additional message inside the card then print on one half and fold the card.
Tip: If you want to make a blank card then delete the text before you print the blank background. You can then add a message in your handwriting when you need the card. If you do this then you might want to print two cards per page. You can use this method to create a blank baby shower background for any purpose.