How you can use gratitude affirmations to build positive habits, empower yourself and improve your self-esteem. With free printables to help you do this.
What are Gratitude Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive thoughts that are repeated to oneself. They are often done silently but sometimes spoken aloud. Affirmations are used to help people build positive habits, change self-defeating thoughts into self-enhancing thoughts, and improve their self-image or self-esteem.
Gratitude affirmations are a unique type of affirmation that encourages individuals to focus on what they appreciate about themselves and their lives, rather than what they want or feel they lack.
How do Gratitude Affirmations Benefit You?
Gratitude affirmations will help you cultivate an attitude of gratitude that has a lot of benefits:
- Change self-defeating thoughts into self-enhancing thoughts.
- Encourage you to focus on what you appreciate about yourself and your life, rather than what you want or feel you lack.
- Maintain positive mental health.
- Improve relationships with others and increase the chance of having a meaningful connection with another person. It’s all about getting back in touch with what matters most.
- Gratitude increases happiness. The more grateful you are the more you will feel happy.
- Reduces feelings of envy, loneliness, and depression and increases feelings of love, social connection, generosity, empathy, and optimism.
- Reduces stress levels.
- Accelerate the manifestation cycle for you (see how to manifest). Gratitude affirmations accelerate manifestation by creating a state of abundance within us and making our mindset more positive.
- When you feel gratitude, your brain releases dopamine and serotonin which makes you feel happier. This is one of the reasons why expressing gratitude can be so effective for your mental health (source: Positive Psychology).
See more benefits of gratitude.
How to Write Gratitude Affirmations
Write them in the first person
Affirmations must always be positive
Use them to express gratitude for something positive.
Make them personal
Don’t just use ready-made affirmations that you find on the internet or on this page. The affirmation has to be meaningful to you else it will not create the positive feeling of gratitude that you are trying to generate.
Make them in the present tense
Phrase them to be in the present and don’t mention things you will appreciate in the future.
Express gratitude for anything and everything
There are so many things you can express gratitude for that you can use a new gratitude affirmation every day and you will never need to repeat them. If you think you don’t have anything to be grateful for then think of the children in Africa who don’t have electricity, running water, or food. Think of people less fortunate than yourself and you will come up with an endless supply of things to be grateful for.
Print them on affirmation cards and carry them with you all day.
Gratitude Affirmations Template
Here is a template to help you write your affirmations.
I am Grateful Affirmations
These grateful affirmations can be for anything you appreciate. Here are some examples:
- I am grateful for all the people in my life who love me unconditionally.
- I am grateful for all the blessings in my life.
- I am so grateful for all the abundance that the Universe provided me with.
- I am grateful for my health.
- I now invite gratitude into my heart and it fills me with love and happiness.
- I am grateful for everything I have.
- I am grateful for my family and friends.
- I am grateful for my partner. (If you don’t have a partner see how to manifest someone)
- I am grateful for my healthy and strong body.
- I am so grateful for my miraculous body.
- I am grateful for the miracles that I witness every day.
- I am grateful for my ability to manifest anything I want in life.
- I am grateful that everything I desire is on its way to me and I thank the Universe for providing it (see how to manifest).
Morning Gratitude Affirmations
Here are some morning gratitude affirmations that you can repeat each morning.
- I am grateful for this new day and the opportunities it will bring.
- I am so grateful to be alive.
- I expect amazing things to happen to me today and I am thankful for them.
- I am grateful for the opportunities that the Universe provides me with every day.
- I am grateful for waking up this morning in good health.
Morning Gratitude Meditation
I think that one of the best ways to start the day is with a morning gratitude meditation. You can either listen to one on YouTube or you can create your own morning routine.
Start the meditation with a few deep breaths until you are totally relaxed.
How to Make a Gratitude Affirmation Board
You can make a DIY affirmation board with your favorite affirmations.
- Base: Board, cork, wire mesh board, or cardstock
- Pins or clips
- Printer and paper or cardstock
- Open the affirmation card maker by clicking on the button below.
- Select the design that you like best. There are many designs available.
- Add one gratitude affirmation to each card.
- Print on cardstock or paper.
- Cut out each card.
- Arrange the cards on your affirmation board.