Free printable positive affirmation cards for you to read on a daily basis. You can print as many cards as you want, and you can even make an entire affirmation deck!
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements or mantras to encourage positive thinking and to build confidence and self-esteem. When you repeat these statements often enough, you start to believe them.
How to Make Positive Affirmations More Effective
Read them regularly and repeat them as often as possible. Aim to repeat them about 3 or 4 times a day. Try to spend at least 5 minutes a day repeating your affirmations. Make positive affirmations part of your morning routine. Start each day spending 5 minutes repeating them. Do it before you get out of bed or during meditation or yoga.
Visualize what you are saying. If you say, “I am outgoing and confident” visualize yourself as an outgoing and confident person. How would you act in a specific situation? Close your eyes and visualize it happening. Feel what it would feel like to be that person.
Use affirmations when you set goals (see goal templates). Repeat positive statements that remind you that you will reach your goals and that you are capable of reaching the goals that you set. If you use affirmations without setting goals then you will be better equipped to get wherever you are going but you won’t necessarily know where you want to go. Setting goals together with using positive affirmation is the best combination. Setting goals will help you determine where you want to be and how to get there and the affirmations will ensure that you have the confidence to reach your goals. Once you have identified your goals, make a priority list to determine what you should start working on.
According to The Secret, the intensity of the affirmations is very important. You need to repeat them wholeheartedly with intention and with positive emotion. Believe in them.
Find affirmations that really work for you. For this reason, our affirmation cards are editable. If a particular mantra does not apply to you then type another one that will work for you. See the list of 50 affirmations below in order to find mantras that you prefer to use.
When a negative thought pops into your head, repeat five positive statements.
Print multiple copies of the affirmation decks and leave them in different places such as your car, your desk, your bathroom, your kitchen, etc. Each time you find a deck, shuffle it and choose a card. Leave that card out so you see it throughout the day. Repeat it as many times as you can.
In The Secret, Rhonda Byrne, talks about the Law of Attraction extensively. According to the Law of Attraction, you attract what you believe. You have the power to attract anything but you have to believe it. If you are in doubt when you recite your positive affirmations then you cause resistance and you will not reach your goals. You must believe what you are saying.
What are affirmation cards?
These are cards with positive statements or mantras written in the first person to encourage positive thinking and to build confidence. They help you overcome negative thinking by replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts.
How to use printable affirmation cards
You can read the positive affirmations on a daily basis. You can also read them in situations where you need to boost your self-confidence or when you are feeling anxious or nervous.
Firstly, analyze the thoughts you would like to change and behavior you would like to overcome. Find an affirmation that will help you overcome that obstacle. Do you feel you are not good enough at your job? Are you shy in a group? When we have negative thoughts like these then our mood and outlook on life are negative. Our self-confidence is low and we do not believe in ourselves. These negative thoughts will have a bad effect on our lives, work and relationships with others. It is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. When we believe we are not good enough then we act that way and do not succeed as a result. However, when we believe that we are good enough and act accordingly we actually do succeed.
Secondly, take your negative feelings and turn them into positive affirmations. For example, instead of “I am shy and feel awkward during social gatherings” say “I am a fun and outgoing person”.
Thirdly, your affirmations should be written in the present tense. Even if you are shy now and want to be more outgoing you do not write that you will be more outgoing but rather “I am a fun and outgoing person”.
How to make your own affirmation deck
You can print all the DIY affirmation cards to create an affirmation card deck. Keep the inspiration card deck somewhere where you can access it on a daily basis or whenever you are feeling anxious or nervous.
Create affirmation cards, wall hangings, banners, or digital cards that you can read on your phone.
- Click on the button above to open the affirmation card maker.
- Select the design that you want to use. There are 20 sample cards, but you can change the border on each page and you can edit each affirmation. For example, say you want to write “I am powerful” instead of the mantra on one of the cards. To to the “edit text” box and type “I am powerful” instead of the existing text. You can make it bigger, smaller, change the font and the font color.
- Read through the affirmations and edit if you prefer. If you like them as-is, then there is no need to edit them.
- Download as an image or a PDF file.
- Print on cardstock cards. Either print on a full-sized page (8.5″x11″) such as this one or on smaller-sized cards such as these: 5″x7″ or 4″x6″. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you purchase anything I earn a commission on your purchase but it doesn’t cost you anything.
Make an extra pack for a friend and give them as a gift.
Affirmation Cards for Adults
Create Daily affirmation cards for adults with our free online card maker. Select the border and edit the text (if you prefer to change the affirmation).
Affirmation Cards for kids
You can use our free online card maker to make daily affirmation cards for kids. Either use the affirmations provided or select new ones from the list below. You can change the borders to borders for kids.
50 Positive Affirmations
- Today is going to be a great day
- I am grateful for all that I have
- I choose to be happy and to love myself today
- I am growing as a person everyday
- I am full of potential
- I am worthy
- I inspire others
- I am smart and intelligent
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I respect myself
- I love myself
- My dreams are achievable
- I am confident and outgoing
- I am capable of amazing things
- I’m amazing
- I have the power to make an impact
- I am brave
- I am good at what I do
- I am worthy of genuine love
- I have the power to accomplish anything
- I am proud of myself
- I deserve the best
- I love my body
- I am exactly where I need to be
- I believe in myself
- I was created for greatness
- I will not settle for less than I deserve
- I will be present in every moment
- I take care of myself
- I can excel in everything I do
- I choose to release the past
- I focus only on what I can change
- I get better every single day
- I matter
- I am strong
- I add something special to this world
- I have the power to change my life
- I can overcome any challenge
- I am safe and secure
- I deserve to love and be loved
- All of my problems have solutions
- My past has shaped me into an amazing person
- I am fearless
- I choose what I become
- I choose happiness
- I am free of self-doubt
- I can do this
- I stand up for myself
- I nourish my body
- I make time to care for myself and I prioritize myself
Disclaimer: These affirmation cards are provided as a tool for those who experience mild negative thinking or need to boost their self-confidence. The information provided is not intended to be medical advice. It is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.