Free editable pros and cons template to create a pros and cons list. You can either edit a ready-made document or use the free online chart maker.
Pros and Cons List
A pro and cons list can be used before making a decision. It is often used to outline the advantages and disadvantages of a certain decision.
Each pro con list template is available as an image, a Word document, or an editable PDF file.
See also T chart template.
Pros and Cons Template
Pros and Cons List Maker
How to Make a Pros and Cons List
Either print a blank t chart from the selection above or open an editable PDF and type on it.
- The most important thing about making a pro con list is to start with the pros. Think of the most beneficial things about your idea and why you think it is so great.
- Rank each pro according to its importance. Rank it from 1 (unimportant) to 10 (important).
- After you have listed down your positives, it’s time to list the negatives or cons of your idea on the other side of the pros and cons list template. Remember to keep an open mind throughout this process.
- It should be noted that the cons list should not just be about what will go wrong, it should also encompass other possible downsides such as ethical considerations or financial consequences.
- Rank each con according to its importance. Rank it from 1 (unimportant) to 10 (important).
- Once you have written all the pros and cons of your idea, it’s time to make a decision. You can either choose to go forward with this idea or abandon it altogether.
- A good way to help you decide is to calculate the sum of all the pros and cons and compare the total of each. If you select the Excel template then it will do the calculation for you.
Examples of pros and cons:
Pros of journaling:
- Helps with mental health
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps process difficult emotions
- Can be used as a tool for self-reflection, self-discovery, and personal growth
Cons of journaling:
- Can be time-consuming
- Can be difficult to find the motivation to write
- Personal information can be exposed if the journal is not kept private
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]