Weight loss affirmations that will motivate and empower you to lose weight
Losing weight is so difficult. If it wasn’t, everyone would be thin. It is difficult to find the motivation to start losing weight and stick to the new regimen. One of the ways you can find weight loss motivation is via affirmations for weight loss.
Affirmations are a form of self-talk where you say or repeat a positive statement in order to improve your self-image and self-confidence. It is a way to remind yourself about your worth and what you want from yourself. Positive affirmations for weight loss can be very powerful if done correctly.
Losing weight is all in the mind. Your mind is what controls what you put in your mouth and how much you exercise. Anything you do to promote weight loss is a result of a thought in your mind. Your thoughts control your feelings and beliefs. Your feelings and beliefs form your attitude and your attitude determines your behavior and actions. Therefore, your thoughts determine your behavior and actions, and losing weight is a result of your behavior and actions. If you want to lose weight, you need to change your behavior and actions. Since we have determined that your thoughts are what control your behaviors and actions the best way to lose weight is to change your thoughts. How do you change your thoughts? One of the ways to do this is via affirmations.
The secret to losing weight permanently is to change your thoughts about how you feel about your body, exercise, and the food you put in your body.
What are affirmations?
An affirmation is a positive statement of intent that is used to reprogram your mind. It is written in the present tense even if it isn’t yet happening right now. Since an affirmation is phrased in the present tense, when you recite them, you feel the emotions and feelings now that you will feel when your affirmation manifests. Therefore, the affirmation creates a mental picture in your mind of how you will feel when you reach your goal. Even if you do not love and respect your body, reciting an affirmation creates feelings of love and respect. Therefore, you are more likely to nourish your body and feed it with food that will fuel it instead of junk food.
Positive affirmations promote positive thinking and positive thinking releases endorphins and other feel-good chemicals throughout our body. On the other hand, negative thinking releases cortisol and other stress hormones. Many people have more negative thoughts than positive thoughts. Some people aren’t even aware of these negative thoughts. You have the power to change your thoughts. Whenever you find yourself thinking negative thoughts, reframe them, and recite positive affirmations (see limiting beliefs). If you are trying to lose weight and find that your negative self-talk is convincing you that you cannot lose weight then grab your positive affirmations and read them aloud. You can also record them and play them back. Affirmations have the power to change your negative thoughts into positive thoughts. You may not feel like doing it at the time but force yourself to do it. Once you start you will begin feeling more positive and change your mindset.
How to Use Affirmations for Weight Loss
According to Louise Hay, in her book “You can heal your life”, your thoughts create your reality. If you are having negative thoughts (such as trying to understand why you are overweight) then you are focusing on the problem which is something negative. Since you manifest whatever you think, too much negative thinking will bring negativity into your life and keep you overweight. The best way to solve this is to love yourself and your body. The secret to loving yourself is learning to think in positive affirmations. The author suggests you turn all your negative feelings regarding your body image into positive affirmations: I have a healthy body, I am strong, I have nice proportions, etc. When you frame your situation in a positive way, you’re focusing your attention in the right direction. Always state your affirmations in the present tense. Even if you don’t feel like you like your body yet you have to find positive affirmations that you are comfortable saying in the present tense. If you state your affirmations in the future tense, then your subconscious will keep putting it off.
Never focus on the things that you don’t want. Instead, focus on the things that you do want. For example, if you want to lose weight, don’t focus on the sacrifices that you will have to make to lose weight. Instead, focus on the benefits you will gain once you do lose weight.
How do you make affirmations work?
Affirmations for weight loss will not work unless you use them correctly.
You cannot only rely on the power of affirmations to lose weight. In addition to reciting your affirmations for weight loss, you must work on changing your habits according to what they would be if your affirmations come true. That means changing your eating habits, eating healthy food, and exercising.
The affirmation has to be meaningful to you else it will not create the positive feelings you need to generate for it to be effective. It should be realistic and achievable.
You need to recite affirmations for long enough for them to reprogram your mind. Don’t give up too soon. It takes time and you need to be consistent.
How to Write Weight Loss Affirmations
It is important that you find positive weight loss affirmations that work for you. They should resonate with you and be something that motivates and encourages you. Your subconscious mind must feel comfortable reciting them. If they don’t feel real, then they won’t work for you.
You might want to change your affirmations periodically so that they continue to have an effect on your mindset.
It isn’t enough to recite positive affirmations to stay positive and focused. You need to align your actions according to your positive intentions. Therefore, in order to lose weight, you will need to eat healthy food and exercise in addition to reciting your weight loss affirmations.
Daily Affirmations for Weight Loss
Here are some sample daily affirmations for weight loss but you should personalize them to make them more effective.
Affirmations for weight loss should be used according to the situation you find yourself in. You should create a few sets of positive affirmations for various circumstances such as: if you are experiencing negative self-talk, if you are feeling resistance, if you feel like binging, if you are too lazy to exercise, etc.
Daily affirmations to stay motivated
- I am changing my habits one by one
- I am motivated to live a better life
- My new habits are reshaping my body
- My life is improving every day
- I am strong. I’ve got this! I choose to take care of myself today.
- I am a good and worthy person regardless of what I weigh.
- My body is healthy and beautiful.
- My body is healthy and is becoming more beautiful with each passing day.
- I take loving care of my body.
- I respect my body and take care of it.
- I am grateful to my body for all it does for me.
- My actions and behavior support my body.
- I choose healthy foods to nourish my body.
- I am developing good and healthy eating and exercise habits.
When you feel resistance
One of the biggest obstacles when it comes to weight loss is limiting beliefs. Limiting beliefs are thoughts that are hidden in our subconscious that make us think we cannot lose weight and cause us to hate our bodies. Weight gain is often a result of how we treat and feel about our bodies. When our limiting beliefs cause us to think we cannot lose weight, then our chances of actually losing weight and keeping it off go down tremendously. The problem with limiting beliefs is two-fold. Firstly, they destroy our self-image and the way we think about our bodies, and our ability to have the body we want. Secondly, the Universe will manifest whatever you think about whether this is something positive or negative. So, if you think that you can or can’t lose weight that is what will happen. As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right”.
Sometimes part of us wants to lose weight and another part prefers to quit or doesn’t want to change. Use these affirmations when a part of you wants to sabotage your progress or when you feel resistance. They will help you develop a positive mindset.
- I have the power to change my habits and I want to change them.
- I am willing to make sacrifices to get the results I want.
- I want to make changes to see changes.
- I am changing my habits to change my life.
Body positive affirmations
- One thing I love about my body is (add details)
- I embrace all the unique features of my body
- I love my body more and more each day
- I pay close attention to what my body needs
- I make healthy choices to ensure my well-being
- I love the way I feel when I look after my body
- My body is getting stronger and healthier every day.
When you are engaging in negative self-talk and putting yourself down
- I appreciate my body for serving me.
- My body gets thinner every day.
- I am getting stronger and thinner every day.
- I am worthy regardless of what I weigh.
- I respect myself and I am worthy of being treated with respect by others.
- I love myself.
- I am worth it.
- I choose progress over perfection. I make small positive changes to develop healthy habits.
When you are in a situation in which you can potentially overeat repeat these affirmations to stay on track
- I respect my body and give it the fuel it needs to function well.
- I choose food that nourishes me.
- I feed my body with as much food as it needs.
- I feed my body with the fuel it needs to function well.
- I am not a garbage bin and I don’t feed my body with junk food.
- I eat like a thin person.
- I am committed to my weight loss plan.
- Just like I don’t put gas in my car when it is full, I don’t put fuel in my body when it is full.
- I feed my body when it is hungry.
- I am present when I eat and mindful of what I put into my body.
- I eat until I am satisfied.
- I enjoy eating fruit and vegetables so that my body can benefit from their nutrients.
- I avoid temptations because I love my body.
- I eat a variety of foods to support my health.
- I eat what my body needs.
- I choose to eat whole food that nature provides and not junk food made in a factory.
Motivation to exercise
- I am getting stronger every day.
- Each workout brings me closer to my goals.
- I love moving my body.
- I love how exercise makes me feel.
- My body is strong.
- Exercise makes me feel full of energy.
When you break your diet and get back on track
- I am strong and dedicated and I will stay on track
- I resist temptations because I am focused and dedicated
- I am a successful person and I reach the goals that I set for myself
- I am back on track and feeling strong and motivated
- I love feeling good in my body
Manifest Weight Loss
- I create the life I want and I want to live in a healthy and strong body.
- I choose healthy foods to nourish my body and the Universe will help me lose weight.
- I am developing good and healthy eating and exercise habits.
- The Universe will give me everything I need to lose weight.
- I am grateful for the Universe that has given me the strength to exercise.
To use the law of attraction for weight loss, see how to manifest weight loss. Weight loss manifestation is done using the same process to manifest anything else. We provide a free manifestation journal that will help you during your weight loss journey until you reach your ideal weight.
Printable Weight Loss Affirmations
Create affirmation cards to carry around with you or to put in places where you will see them daily.