Use our free family mission statement generator to make your family more united and work as a team.
Your family mission statement will guide you and become the criteria for decision-making. It will help you make decisions and face consequences. It will make the family more united and help everyone work together to reach common goals that each family member has accepted and acknowledged.
Most families do not give thought to their goals or values as a family. They are managed on a daily basis according to each family member’s needs but they don’t sit down to plan their goals as a family. Taking the time to define your family values and shared vision can help your family be proactive instead of reacting to stress and day-to-day problems. This is also a great gift to give your children. You show them how to plan, how to set and reach goals, and how to define a set of values that will guide them in life.
You will find your children following in your ways and making better decisions in their lives as a result.
How to Create a Family Mission Statement
- Sit down as a family and spend time discussing your values. Select the values that you want to focus on as a family. The process of sitting down as a family to create your family mission statement is as important as the final mission statement. Get input from every family member. This communication is great. It will help bring you closer and benefit in other ways beyond your mission statement. If family members express different views, use this opportunity to communicate respectfully and find common ground. Show them how to reach win-win situations even when you don’t agree on something. Teach them to deal with situations where they don’t get their own way or don’t agree with something. Show them how to sort out differences in a calm manner. This personal example will give them tools that they will use throughout their lives.
- Draft a family mission statement.
- Get feedback from your family and make amendments if necessary.
- Create a printable family mission statement poster and hang it somewhere that everyone will see it. Our mission statement generator will help you create a free printable poster.
- Periodically review your family mission statement to ensure that it is still relevant. Your kids will grow up and your priorities will change so make sure that your mission statement stays relevant and updated.
- When problems arise, use the mission statement to guide you and to remind you how you define your family’s priorities and values.
- When you plan family goals and activities, use the mission statement to guide you.
Family Mission Statement Examples
Smith Family Mission Statement
- We love and respect each other
- We help each other
- We listen to each other
- We always speak respectfully to each other
- We always tell the truth to each other
- We treat each other with kindness
- We apologize if we hurt each other
- We forgive each other
Family Mission Statement Generator
Create a family mission statement poster to hang in your home. There are 101 different borders available and you can edit the text.