How to make planner stickers with a Cricut
You can make and cut planner stickers using Cricut’s “Print Then Cut” feature.
Please note that only inkjet printers should be used to print the planner stickers since laser printers are not compatible with Cricut printable materials.
You can download the cut file for planner stickers for various planner sizes on this site.
- Cricut cutting machine (I used the Explore Air 2 machine but you can use any either the Cricut Explore of the Maker machine)
- Cricut standard grip cutting mat
- Printable sticker paper (see the best sticker paper)
- Customize your planner stickers or download them as-is. You can select the icons and edit the text to create planner stickers that are perfect for your needs.
- Download the sticker cut file for your planner size by clicking on the download button and selecting a png image.
- Log into Cricut Design Space with your Cricut ID.
- In Cricut Design Space, start a new project and click on “upload”.
- Click on “Browse”.
- Upload the cut file that you downloaded in the previous step.
- Load the printable sticker paper into your home printer (Ink Jet only not laser) making sure that it prints on the right side. You must print at 100% else the cut lines will not be accurate. You might need to adjust your printer’s settings for a thicker material and/or use the manual feed tray on your printer.
- Follow the instructions in Cricut Design Space to print your design.
- Match the top corner or the printed sticker paper (liner side down) to the top left corner of your Cricut cutting mat.
- Use the premium fine point blade (the blade that comes with the machine).
- If using an Explore: Turn the dial to “Custom” and select the “Sticker Paper” setting. If using a Maker: Select “Browse all materials” then select the “Sticker Paper” setting. If your printer paper is a lot lighter than Cricut printable sticker paper then you might need to use a different setting.
- Load the cutting mat into your Cricut and press “Load”.
- Press “Cut”.
Tip: If you find that you cannot easily remove the stickers from the backing sheet then you might want to make two cuts. To make a second cut in the exact same place push the cut button once again. Make sure that you do not move the mat or paper or else the cutting line will move slightly.