A step-by-step guide to discovering your passion and bringing it to life with a passion project that will ignite your soul and lead you towards a more purposeful and fulfilling life.
What is a Passion Project?
A passion project is a personal project that someone pursues outside of their regular job or other responsibilities, driven by their passion or interest in a particular topic or activity. Passion projects are often creative endeavors that allow individuals to explore and develop their skills and interests, without the constraints of deadlines or financial obligations. These projects can include things like writing a novel, creating a piece of art, designing a website, starting a podcast, or even building a small business. Passion projects are typically motivated by a desire to express oneself, pursue a personal interest, or make a positive impact on the world.
How to Start a Passion Project
Starting a passion project can be an exciting and rewarding way to pursue your interests and develop your skills. Here are some steps to get started:
- Identify your passion: Think about the things that truly excite and inspire you. What are you most interested in or curious about? What do you enjoy doing in your free time? See how to find your purpose or passion.
- Set a goal: Once you have identified your passion, set a clear goal for your project. What do you want to achieve through this project? What do you hope to create or accomplish?
- Make a plan: Develop a plan for your project, including specific tasks and timelines. Consider the resources you will need, such as materials, tools, or expertise, and how you will acquire them.
- Set aside time: Schedule regular time in your calendar to work on your project. This will help you stay focused and make progress towards your goal.
- Start small: Break your project into smaller, manageable tasks. This will help you avoid feeling overwhelmed and allow you to make steady progress.
- Stay motivated: Find ways to stay motivated and accountable, such as sharing your progress with friends or posting updates on social media. Celebrate your successes along the way to keep your momentum going.
Remember, a passion project should be a fun and fulfilling experience, so don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things along the way.
Passion Project Ideas
Here are some passion project examples.
(painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, graphic design, etc.):
- Create a series of paintings or drawings based on a specific theme or idea.
- Sculpt a piece of art using materials like clay, wood, or metal.
- Take a series of photographs that tell a story or capture a specific mood or feeling.
- Design a logo or branding for a small business or organization.
- Create a series of illustrations for a book or comic.
- Build a portfolio of graphic design work, including logos, website designs, and marketing materials.
- Create a series of mixed media artworks using a variety of materials, such as paint, paper, and other objects.
- Design and print your own t-shirts or other merchandise.
- Create a mural or street art installation in your community.
- Develop a photography or art book, showcasing your work and the stories behind it.
(printmaking, street art, graffiti, etc):
- Experiment with different printmaking techniques, such as linocut, etching, or screen printing, to create a series of prints.
- Create a series of street art pieces that communicate a message or tell a story.
- Collaborate with other artists to create a large-scale mural in your community.
- Explore graffiti art and create a series of pieces using spray paint and stencils.
- Create a collection of art prints, postcards, or other items to sell at local markets or online.
- Develop a series of digital art pieces, using programs like Photoshop or Procreate to create unique designs.
- Create a series of illustrations or comic book panels using traditional or digital methods.
- Use different objects to create mixed media artworks, such as sculptures or collages.
- Design and create a streetwear clothing line, using your artwork as the inspiration for the designs.
- Participate in local art shows or galleries to showcase your work and connect with other artists in your community.
(playing an instrument, singing, songwriting, composing, recording, mixing, mastering, and producing):
- Learn to play an instrument you’ve always wanted to master and create your own compositions.
- Write and record a full-length album of original music or covers.
- Record and produce a single or EP in your home studio, experimenting with different recording techniques and production styles.
- Develop a music video for your original song or cover, using your creativity to bring the music to life.
- Collaborate with other musicians or singers to create a new musical project, such as a band or duo.
- Create a podcast or online radio show, showcasing your favorite music and exploring different genres and themes.
- Participate in open mic nights or local music festivals to share your music and connect with other musicians.
- Attend music workshops or classes to develop your skills in playing an instrument, singing, or music production.
- Create a music blog or social media account to share your favorite music, reviews, and opinions.
- Experiment with remixing and DJing, creating your own mixes or mashups of popular songs.
(poetry, fiction, non-fiction, blogging, journalism, etc.):
- Write a book, whether it be fiction, non-fiction, or poetry, and self-publish it online or in print.
- Start a blog or online magazine to share your writing with the world and build a community around your passion.
- Participate in writing challenges, such as National Novel Writing Month or writing prompts, to help you develop your skills and generate new ideas.
- Create a personal essay or memoir, documenting your own experiences and reflections.
- Write a series of short stories or flash fiction pieces, exploring different genres and styles.
- Participate in a writing workshop or group to receive feedback on your work and connect with other writers.
- Start a podcast or video channel, sharing your writing and discussing topics related to the writing process.
- Develop a freelance writing career, pitching articles or essays to publications in your field of interest.
- Write a travelogue or adventure narrative, sharing your experiences and discoveries from your travels.
- Explore different forms of writing, such as screenplays or playwriting, to challenge your skills and expand your creativity.
(critiquing, reviewing, publishing, etc.)
- Start a book club or literary discussion group, where you can read and analyze works of literature with other enthusiasts.
- Write book reviews or literary critiques for a blog or online publication, sharing your insights and opinions on new and classic works of literature.
- Participate in literary festivals or events, where you can connect with other readers and writers and discuss your favorite books and authors.
- Create a literary podcast or YouTube channel, where you can discuss your favorite books and authors, conduct author interviews, and share your writing tips and strategies.
- Write and publish your own literary magazine, featuring your own work and the work of other writers you admire.
- Edit and publish an anthology of short stories or poetry, showcasing the work of emerging writers in your community or online.
- Develop a specialized area of interest within literature, such as feminist literature, and create a platform to share and promote works that fit within that category.
- Conduct in-depth research on a particular author or literary movement, and create a multimedia presentation or website to share your findings.
- Write and produce a stage play or screenplay based on a favorite work of literature.
- Collaborate with other literary enthusiasts to create a literary journal, where you can publish your own work and the work of other writers in your community.
(designing clothes, styling, modeling, etc.):
- Design and create your own clothing line, focusing on a particular aesthetic or style that reflects your personal taste.
- Start a fashion blog or Instagram account, where you can showcase your personal style, fashion tips, and product recommendations.
- Participate in local fashion events or runway shows, showcasing your own designs or modeling for other designers.
- Offer personalized styling services to friends and family, helping them find their own unique fashion sense.
- Create a YouTube channel or podcast, where you can discuss fashion trends, designers, and history, as well as offer styling tips and advice.
- Learn how to sew or tailor your own clothes, and create custom pieces for yourself and others.
- Conduct research on sustainable and ethical fashion practices, and create a platform to promote and support these initiatives.
- Collaborate with other fashion enthusiasts, such as photographers or makeup artists, to create stunning editorial photo shoots.
- Volunteer with local fashion-related organizations or charities, such as clothing drives or fashion design programs for underserved communities.
- Create your own fashion line inspired by your cultural heritage or personal identity, promoting diversity and inclusion within the fashion industry.
(designing buildings, interior design, landscape architecture, etc.):
- Designing and building a tiny house or cabin: You can create your own plans and bring your vision to life by building a small, efficient living space.
- Renovating or remodeling your own home: Put your design skills to use by updating your home or a friend’s home. You can learn new skills and techniques along the way.
- Designing and building furniture: Furniture design is a great way to explore your creativity and experiment with materials. You can also customize pieces to fit your own space or needs.
- Creating architectural models: If you enjoy working with your hands, you can create miniature versions of buildings, landscapes, or even entire cities.
- Participating in architecture competitions: Look for local or international competitions that challenge you to design innovative buildings or spaces. It can be a great way to showcase your skills and get noticed by potential employers.
- Designing sustainable architecture: With environmental concerns on the rise, designing buildings that are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly is becoming increasingly important. You can explore new technologies and design approaches to create sustainable architecture.
- Volunteering with organizations that build affordable housing: Many organizations are working to provide affordable housing for those in need. You can use your architectural skills to help with design, construction, or project management.
- Documenting architectural history: If you are interested in architectural history, you can research and document buildings or neighborhoods in your area that are historically significant. You can create digital or physical archives that can be shared with others.
(acting, theater, stand-up comedy, improv, etc.):
- Write and produce your own play or theater production.
- Develop your acting skills by joining a local theater group or improv troupe.
- Create your own stand-up comedy routine and perform at open mic nights or comedy clubs.
- Write and direct your own short film, web series, or YouTube channel.
- Start a podcast about the performing arts industry or your experiences as a performer.
- Offer acting or improv classes to aspiring performers in your community.
- Volunteer with organizations that provide performing arts opportunities to underserved communities.
- Create and perform your own one-person show or storytelling event.
- Collaborate with other performers to create a new theatrical production or musical.
- Use your performing skills to raise awareness and funds for social or environmental causes by organizing benefit shows or events.
(directing, producing, screenwriting, editing, etc.):
- Create a short film or documentary on a topic that you are passionate about.
- Write a screenplay for a feature film or TV series.
- Start a film club with like-minded individuals to watch and discuss films.
- Organize a film festival or screening event to showcase local talent or independent films.
- Create a YouTube channel where you review films, discuss film theory, or share your own short films.
- Participate in a 48-hour film challenge where you write, shoot, and edit a short film within 48 hours.
- Study and analyze the works of your favorite filmmakers and create a video essay or blog post about their style and techniques.
- Learn about film editing and create your own montage or trailer.
- Develop your own unique visual style and experiment with different camera techniques, lighting, and sound design.
- Collaborate with other filmmakers, actors, or writers to create new projects and push the boundaries of your creativity.
(designing and decorating interior spaces, such as homes, offices, or hotels):
- Designing a virtual interior decorating platform: Develop an online platform where users can upload photos of their space and receive interior decorating suggestions and design plans.
- Creating a blog or YouTube channel: Share interior decorating tips, DIY projects, and before-and-after transformations with an audience of fellow decorating enthusiasts.
- Hosting workshops or classes: Teach others how to decorate their homes or spaces by offering in-person or online workshops.
- Curating an online shop: Start an online store that offers unique and curated home decor items from around the world.
- Designing a furniture line: Design and produce a line of furniture pieces that reflect your unique style and aesthetic.
- Renovating and flipping homes: Take on renovation projects and transform outdated or run-down homes into beautiful, modern spaces.
- Collaborating with local businesses: Partner with local businesses, such as furniture stores or home decor shops, to offer interior decorating services to their customers.
- Hosting pop-up shops: Set up temporary, pop-up shops in different cities to showcase your interior decorating skills and sell your products.
- Volunteering: Offer your interior decorating services to non-profit organizations or community centers that need help decorating their spaces.
- Starting a podcast: Discuss interior decorating trends, techniques, and news with other experts in the field, and offer advice to listeners looking to decorate their own spaces.
Graphic novels and comics
(writing, illustrating, and publishing graphic novels or comics):
- Creating your own graphic novel or comic book series, either independently or with a team.
- Adapting your favorite book or movie into a graphic novel format.
- Writing and illustrating your own webcomic and publishing it online.
- Organizing a local comic book convention or festival.
- Teaching workshops on how to create graphic novels or comics.
- Starting a book club centered around graphic novels and comics.
- Creating fan art or fanfiction of your favorite graphic novels and comics.
- Developing your own comic strip for a local newspaper or magazine.
- Starting a podcast or YouTube channel dedicated to reviewing or discussing graphic novels and comics.
- Collaborating with other artists and writers to create anthologies or collections of short stories.
Environmentalism and animal welfare
(working to protect the environment, promoting sustainable living, or volunteering with conservation or animal welfare organizations)
- Volunteer with a local conservation organization, such as a wildlife refuge, park, or nature center, helping to maintain habitats and protect endangered species.
- Start a community garden or urban farm, promoting sustainable agriculture and healthy eating habits.
- Organize a local beach or park cleanup, encouraging community members to participate in environmental stewardship.
- Create an online platform, such as a blog or social media channel, focused on environmental advocacy and sustainable living.
- Develop and implement an educational program focused on environmental conservation and sustainable living, teaching youth or community members about the importance of protecting the planet.
- Work with local policymakers and community leaders to promote environmental initiatives, such as renewable energy, carbon offset programs, or waste reduction programs.
- Conduct research on a specific environmental issue, such as climate change or water conservation, and share your findings through public presentations or academic publications.
- Build and promote sustainable homes or buildings, using green building materials and energy-efficient design principles.
- Host events or workshops focused on sustainable living, such as composting, green energy, or urban agriculture.
- Volunteer with animal welfare organizations, such as animal shelters or wildlife rehabilitation centers, helping to care for and protect animals affected by environmental issues.
(volunteering at animal shelters, animal rescue, wildlife conservation, or promoting the welfare of animals in general)
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or rescue organization to help care for and socialize with animals in need of homes.
- Organize a fundraiser or donation drive to support local animal shelters or rescue organizations.
- Create an online platform, such as a blog or social media channel, to raise awareness of animal welfare issues and promote responsible pet ownership.
- Participate in or organize a beach or park cleanup event to remove litter that can harm animals and their habitats.
- Volunteer with wildlife conservation organizations to help protect endangered species and their habitats.
- Lobby local or national policymakers to promote animal welfare policies, such as bans on animal testing or regulations on puppy mills.
- Organize a community-wide spay and neuter campaign to help control the pet population and reduce the number of animals in shelters.
- Host events or workshops focused on responsible pet ownership, such as training classes for dogs or education sessions on the importance of proper nutrition and exercise for pets.
- Create art or other media that highlights the beauty and importance of animals and their natural habitats.
- Start a community garden or plant trees and shrubs to create a habitat for local wildlife.
(gardening, hiking, camping, bird watching, etc.)
- Start a garden, focusing on a particular type of plants or gardening style, and experiment with different techniques and methods.
- Participate in citizen science programs, such as birdwatching or butterfly monitoring, to contribute to scientific research and conservation efforts.
- Go on hiking or camping trips, exploring different natural environments and documenting your experiences through photos or writing.
- Volunteer with local conservation organizations or environmental groups, helping with restoration and preservation projects.
- Create a nature photography project, capturing the beauty of different landscapes and wildlife in your local area.
- Study and identify local plant and animal species, creating a personal field guide or contributing to existing ones.
- Create your own nature journal, documenting your observations, thoughts, and experiences while spending time outdoors.
- Learn survival skills and bushcraft techniques, taking classes or practicing on your own to become more self-sufficient in the wilderness.
- Start a blog or social media account, sharing your love for nature and promoting environmental awareness and conservation.
- Explore different cultural and spiritual connections to nature, researching and learning about different indigenous perspectives on the natural world.
Sports, fitness, and physical activities
(football, basketball, soccer, running, swimming, etc.):
- Start a blog or social media account to document your training progress and share tips with others interested in your sport.
- Create a personalized workout plan to achieve your fitness goals, whether that be weight loss, strength training, or improving your endurance.
- Join a local sports league or start your own team with friends to play on a regular basis.
- Train for and participate in a race or competition, such as a 5K, triathlon, or marathon.
- Develop a training program for a specific skill in your sport, such as dribbling drills in basketball or practicing penalty kicks in soccer.
- Create a YouTube channel or podcast to discuss your favorite sports and share insights with other enthusiasts.
- Participate in a sports-related volunteer opportunity, such as coaching a youth team or organizing a charity run.
- Create a fitness challenge for yourself and others to join in, such as a month-long plank challenge or a weekly group run.
- Host a sports-related event, such as a pickup game, tournament, or charity fundraiser.
- Start a social club for like-minded individuals interested in your sport, providing a community for people to share their passion and connect with others.
(ballet, hip-hop, contemporary, etc.):
- Choreograph your own dance routines, using your favorite music or developing your own original compositions.
- Join a local dance company or troupe, participating in performances and collaborating with other dancers.
- Teach dance classes or workshops, sharing your knowledge and skills with others.
- Create your own dance studio or performance space, hosting classes, rehearsals, and performances.
- Develop a specialized area of interest within dance, such as dance therapy or dance fitness, and create a platform to share your expertise.
- Participate in dance competitions or festivals, showcasing your talent and connecting with other dancers and choreographers.
- Learn new dance styles and techniques, taking classes or attending workshops to expand your skill set.
- Volunteer with local schools or community centers to teach dance to children or underserved communities.
- Create a dance film or video project, showcasing your choreography and collaborating with other artists to create stunning visuals.
- Use dance as a form of activism or social change, creating performances that raise awareness for important issues or advocate for causes you believe in.
(advocating for marginalized groups, working on campaigns to raise awareness of social issues, or volunteering with organizations that promote equality and human rights)
- Volunteer with an organization that advocates for marginalized groups, such as refugees, people with disabilities, or the LGBTQ+ community.
- Work on a campaign to raise awareness about a specific social issue, such as police brutality, immigrant rights, or gender inequality.
- Host a fundraiser or charity event to support organizations that promote equality and human rights, such as the ACLU, Black Lives Matter, or the Human Rights Campaign.
- Create an online platform, such as a blog or social media channel, to share stories and perspectives from marginalized communities, amplifying their voices and promoting understanding and empathy.
- Conduct research on a specific social issue, such as income inequality or housing discrimination, and share your findings through public presentations or academic publications.
- Lobby local or national policymakers to promote policies that support equality and human rights, such as voting rights, affordable housing, or healthcare access.
- Work with community groups to promote social justice initiatives, such as community policing, restorative justice, or affordable childcare.
- Host events or workshops focused on promoting understanding and empathy across diverse communities, such as cultural festivals, interfaith dialogues, or sensitivity trainings.
- Volunteer with organizations that provide direct services to marginalized communities, such as legal aid clinics, food banks, or homeless shelters.
- Organize a community-wide effort to promote inclusion and equality, such as a diversity and inclusion training program for local businesses or a community-wide campaign to combat hate speech and bigotry.
Crisis and emergency response
(volunteering with disaster relief organizations, working as a first responder, or helping out during emergencies):
- Volunteer with disaster relief organizations such as the Red Cross or FEMA to help with disaster response efforts.
- Become a certified first responder or volunteer with local fire or police departments to provide emergency assistance.
- Organize a community emergency preparedness event, such as a CPR training class or disaster preparedness workshop.
- Provide support to individuals or communities affected by natural disasters or emergencies, such as by organizing donation drives or volunteering at a local shelter.
- Create a network of volunteers who can respond quickly to local emergencies, such as by providing first aid, search and rescue, or communication support.
- Advocate for emergency response policies and funding at the local, state, or national level.
- Develop innovative solutions to improve emergency response efforts, such as creating new technologies or methods for communicating during disasters.
- Use social media and other platforms to raise awareness about emergency response needs and ways people can help.
- Partner with local businesses and organizations to create disaster relief funds or donate supplies and resources.
- Provide emotional and mental health support to individuals affected by emergencies, such as through counseling or therapy services.
Community service, charity work, and volunteering
(fundraising, donating, working for a charity, working with non-profit organizations, helping the homeless, working with children, the elderly, or people with disabilities):
- Organizing fundraising events for a charity or non-profit organization.
- Volunteering at a homeless shelter or food bank.
- Helping children with disabilities learn new skills or providing emotional support.
- Teaching financial literacy and career skills to low-income individuals.
- Providing emotional support and companionship to elderly individuals through visiting or phone calls.
- Creating care packages for soldiers or sending letters to those serving overseas.
- Organizing a neighborhood cleanup or planting community gardens to promote sustainability.
- Hosting a blood drive or volunteering at a local hospital or health clinic.
- Tutoring or mentoring students in underprivileged communities.
- Organizing a toy or book drive for children in need during the holidays.
- Volunteering at an animal shelter or wildlife sanctuary to help care for animals.
- Working with a disaster relief organization to help communities affected by natural disasters.
(working on campaigns, lobbying for policies, or raising awareness about political issues):
- Join a political campaign or become a volunteer for a candidate running for office.
- Create a social media platform or blog to share information about political issues and encourage activism.
- Organize and host events such as protests, rallies, or town hall meetings to raise awareness about political issues.
- Collaborate with local organizations or groups that work on political issues you care about.
- Lobby elected officials or government agencies to advocate for policies and legislation that align with your beliefs.
- Launch a letter-writing campaign to raise awareness about issues and encourage elected officials to take action.
- Work with other activists to organize a voter registration drive or get-out-the-vote campaign.
- Create art or media that raises awareness about political issues, such as a political cartoon or a documentary film.
- Volunteer with organizations that focus on specific issues, such as human rights, environmentalism, or healthcare.
- Host workshops or teach-ins to educate others about political issues and provide them with tools to become more involved in activism.
Science and technology
(nursing, medicine, therapy, counseling, social work, etc.):
- Start a nonprofit organization focused on a specific healthcare issue, such as mental health awareness, chronic illness management, or medical research funding.
- Volunteer at a local healthcare facility, such as a hospital, nursing home, or hospice, providing care and support to patients and families.
- Create a healthcare blog or social media platform, sharing tips and resources on how to manage specific health conditions or navigate the healthcare system.
- Develop and lead workshops or support groups focused on mental health, substance abuse recovery, or other healthcare topics, providing a safe and supportive space for individuals to connect and learn.
- Advocate for healthcare policy changes at the local or national level, working with legislators and community organizations to promote access to affordable healthcare and reduce health disparities.
- Conduct research on a specific healthcare topic, such as patient outcomes or healthcare innovation, and share your findings through academic publications or public presentations.
- Develop and market a healthcare app or tool, providing patients and healthcare providers with a user-friendly platform for managing health information, accessing resources, and communicating with one another.
- Provide pro bono healthcare services to underserved populations, such as low-income families, refugees, or individuals without health insurance.
- Host a healthcare podcast or video series, featuring interviews with healthcare experts, patient testimonials, and insights on emerging healthcare trends and challenges.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to develop and implement new healthcare models and strategies, with a focus on improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
(creating and producing podcasts on various topics, such as news, culture, or entertainment):
- Starting a podcast on a specific topic or theme that you are passionate about, such as health and wellness, pop culture, or politics.
- Creating a podcast that interviews people with interesting stories or experiences.
- Hosting a podcast that features readings of short stories, poetry, or other literary works.
- Starting a true crime podcast that investigates and discusses famous or lesser-known criminal cases.
- Co-hosting a podcast with a friend or colleague that discusses current events or pop culture from different perspectives.
- Starting a podcast that focuses on a specific hobby or interest, such as gardening, cooking, or board games.
- Creating a podcast that features interviews with experts in a specific field, such as science, technology, or history.
- Hosting a podcast that provides tips and advice on a specific topic, such as career development, personal finance, or mental health.
- Starting a podcast that explores different cultures and traditions around the world.
- Creating a podcast that focuses on behind-the-scenes stories and interviews with people working in the entertainment industry.
(editing and producing video content for various platforms, such as YouTube or social media):
- Creating and editing short films, music videos, or commercials.
- Producing and editing content for YouTube channels or social media pages.
- Collaborating with musicians, filmmakers, or other content creators to edit their videos.
- Offering video editing services to clients for events such as weddings, corporate events, or personal projects.
- Starting a YouTube channel or podcast about video editing techniques, tips, and tricks.
- Using video editing skills to create educational or informative content, such as tutorials or documentaries.
Social media management
(managing social media accounts for businesses or individuals, creating content, and engaging with followers):
- Start a social media agency: If you have experience in social media management, you can start your own agency and help businesses improve their online presence.
- Create a social media content calendar: Plan out a social media content calendar for a specific brand or industry to help them stay organized and consistent in their posting.
- Teach social media skills: Create online courses or in-person workshops to teach others how to effectively manage their social media accounts.
- Host social media challenges: Create social media challenges or contests to engage followers and build brand awareness.
- Start a social media community: Create a Facebook group or LinkedIn community for a specific industry or niche to connect like-minded individuals and share knowledge and resources.
- Create social media templates: Create customizable social media templates for businesses or individuals to use for their social media posts.
- Curate social media content: Collect and curate content from around the web to share on your own social media accounts or for clients.
- Offer social media audits: Review a company’s social media accounts and provide suggestions for improvement and growth.
- Create a social media blog: Write about social media management, marketing strategies, and new social media trends and tools.
- Develop a social media app: Create a social media app that solves a specific problem or provides a unique service.
Computers and electronics
(programming, software development, web development, data analysis, building computers, tinkering with electronics, etc.):
- Develop your own software or mobile app, focusing on a particular niche or solving a specific problem.
- Build your own computer or electronic device, using open-source hardware and software to customize it to your needs.
- Create your own website or blog, focusing on a particular area of interest within science and technology, and sharing your knowledge and expertise with others.
- Participate in coding competitions or hackathons, collaborating with other developers and honing your skills.
- Learn new programming languages or software development tools, taking online courses or attending workshops to expand your knowledge.
- Conduct data analysis or machine learning projects, using open datasets or your own collected data to gain insights and solve problems.
- Volunteer with local STEM programs or mentorship organizations, sharing your knowledge and inspiring the next generation of scientists and technologists.
- Build your own 3D printer or other manufacturing equipment, experimenting with different materials and designs to create your own products.
- Participate in open-source software or hardware projects, contributing your skills and expertise to collaborative projects.
- Conduct research or experiments in a particular area of interest, using the latest tools and techniques to make new discoveries and push the boundaries of science and technology.
(flying, building, or restoring airplanes, etc.):
- Restoring an old airplane: If you have a love for aviation and also enjoy working with your hands, you might consider taking on a project to restore an old airplane. There are plenty of classic planes out there that need some TLC, and restoring one can be an incredibly rewarding experience.
- Learning to fly: If you’ve always been fascinated by airplanes but have never actually flown one yourself, why not learn? There are many flight schools and instructors out there who can teach you the basics of flying, and you might even decide to pursue your pilot’s license.
- Building and flying model airplanes: For a less time-consuming and expensive project, you might try building and flying model airplanes. This can be a fun hobby that lets you explore your love of aviation without breaking the bank.
- Volunteering with aviation-related organizations: There are many organizations out there that promote aviation and provide support to pilots and aviation enthusiasts. You might consider volunteering your time with one of these organizations to help out and connect with other aviation enthusiasts.
- Starting an aviation blog or YouTube channel: If you enjoy writing or creating videos, you might consider starting a blog or YouTube channel focused on aviation. This can be a great way to share your love of flying with others and connect with other aviation enthusiasts around the world.
(studying and observing celestial bodies, such as stars, planets, and galaxies):
- Stargazing Club: Start a stargazing club in your community and organize regular observation nights. Invite experts to give talks on astronomy and astrophysics.
- Astronomy Photography: Take stunning photos of celestial bodies and share them on social media or showcase them in an art gallery.
- Astronomy Education: Create educational materials, such as videos or podcasts, that explain complex astronomical concepts in an easy-to-understand way. Share these resources with schools, libraries, and community organizations.
- Citizen Science: Participate in citizen science projects, such as Galaxy Zoo, to help scientists classify galaxies or other astronomical objects.
- Astronomy Outreach: Organize astronomy outreach events, such as public lectures, star parties, and solar eclipse viewing parties. Invite experts to give talks and provide telescopes for public viewing.
- Astronomy Travel: Plan a trip to a dark-sky location to observe the stars. Consider visiting observatories or other astronomical sites around the world.
- Astronomy Fiction: Write science fiction or fantasy stories that incorporate astronomy or astrophysics concepts. Share your work with writing groups or online communities.
- Astronomy History: Research the history of astronomy and create educational materials or presentations on important historical figures or events in astronomy.
(video gaming, tabletop gaming, game development, streaming live gameplay on platforms such as Twitch or YouTube):
- Develop your own video game: If you have experience with programming or game development, consider creating your own game from scratch.
- Build a community around your favorite game: If you’re passionate about a specific video game, consider starting a fan community, such as a Discord server, subreddit, or Facebook group.
- Stream your gameplay on Twitch or YouTube: If you’re a skilled gamer, you can build a following by streaming your gameplay on platforms like Twitch or YouTube.
- Write about gaming: If you enjoy writing, consider starting a blog or YouTube channel where you can review games, discuss industry news, or share your gaming experiences.
- Participate in gaming tournaments: Many video games have organized tournaments that offer cash prizes to winners. If you’re skilled at a particular game, consider entering a tournament and competing against other players.
- Create gaming-related art: If you’re artistic, consider creating fan art or original art inspired by your favorite video games.
- Create gaming-related merchandise: If you’re creative and entrepreneurial, consider creating and selling gaming-related merchandise, such as t-shirts, posters, or mugs.
- Design and build your own tabletop game: If you’re interested in tabletop gaming, consider designing and building your own game from scratch.
Sports and fitness
Fitness and wellness
(yoga, running, cycling, weightlifting, martial arts, etc.)
- Start a fitness or wellness blog or social media account, sharing your journey, tips, and inspiration with others.
- Create and follow a personalized workout or training plan, working towards specific fitness or wellness goals and tracking your progress over time.
- Participate in a fitness challenge or competition, such as a marathon, triathlon, or obstacle course race, and push yourself to new levels of physical and mental endurance.
- Learn a new fitness or wellness practice, such as yoga, Pilates, or meditation, and incorporate it into your daily routine to improve your health and wellbeing.
- Join a fitness or wellness group or community, connecting with others who share your interests and values, and receiving support and motivation to reach your goals.
- Volunteer with a local health or wellness organization, using your skills and expertise to help others and make a positive impact in your community.
- Experiment with different types of nutrition and meal plans, exploring new foods and recipes that support your fitness and wellness goals.
- Develop your coaching or teaching skills, sharing your knowledge and expertise with others and helping them to achieve their fitness and wellness goals.
- Create a fitness or wellness podcast, interviewing experts and sharing insights and inspiration on a range of topics related to health and wellbeing.
- Plan and lead a fitness or wellness retreat, offering a unique and immersive experience for others to explore and deepen their practice.
(helping others reach their fitness goals through coaching and motivation)
- Start a fitness coaching business, offering personalized training plans and coaching services to clients online or in person.
- Develop your coaching skills by completing a certification program or attending workshops and seminars on coaching, fitness, and wellness.
- Build a community of clients and followers on social media, sharing your knowledge, tips, and inspiration to help them reach their fitness goals.
- Host fitness and wellness workshops and events, bringing together clients and other fitness enthusiasts to learn, connect, and grow.
- Write a fitness coaching book or guide, sharing your expertise and insights on topics such as motivation, goal-setting, and sustainable fitness practices.
- Create a podcast or video series focused on fitness coaching, sharing interviews with experts, coaching tips and strategies, and success stories from clients and followers.
- Develop and market a fitness coaching app or online course, offering a range of resources and tools to help clients achieve their goals and stay motivated.
- Partner with other coaches and fitness professionals to build a network of support and collaboration, and share best practices and insights with one another.
- Volunteer your coaching services to support local community groups or organizations, such as youth sports teams, wellness centers, or senior centers.
- Continuously learn and grow as a coach by staying up-to-date on the latest research and trends in fitness, wellness, and coaching, and regularly seeking out new opportunities for growth and development.
(practicing and teaching martial arts, such as karate, judo, or jiu-jitsu):
- Develop and teach a self-defense program for women or children
- Create an online martial arts training course
- Write a book on the history and philosophy of a specific martial art
- Volunteer to teach martial arts at a community center or after-school program
- Organize a martial arts tournament or seminar
- Start a martial arts school or club in your community
- Train for and compete in a martial arts tournament
- Learn a new style of martial arts and document your journey through a blog or social media
- Collaborate with other martial artists to create instructional videos or podcasts
- Conduct research on the physical and mental health benefits of practicing martial arts and share your findings with others.
Personal growth and development
Entrepreneurship and business
(starting a business, helping others start a business, helping others become more profitable, or getting out of debt)
- Start your own business, whether it’s a product-based business or a service-based business.
- Create a blog or podcast about entrepreneurship and share your knowledge and experiences with others.
- Offer consulting services to help others start and grow their businesses.
- Develop and teach workshops or online courses about entrepreneurship and business management.
- Create a social media platform to connect entrepreneurs and business owners and foster a community of support and collaboration.
- Volunteer with organizations that provide business training and resources to underserved communities.
- Develop a mentorship program to connect aspiring entrepreneurs with successful business owners.
- Host networking events for entrepreneurs to connect with potential partners, customers, and investors.
- Create a platform to help businesses reduce their carbon footprint and become more environmentally sustainable.
- Develop tools or software to help businesses streamline their operations, manage finances, or improve productivity.
(reading, studying, learning new skills, self-improvement, personal growth, etc.):
- Start a daily journal, reflecting on your thoughts, feelings, and experiences, and setting goals for personal growth and self-improvement.
- Read books on personal development, psychology, and self-help, and create a reading list or blog to share your insights and recommendations with others.
- Learn a new skill, such as a language, musical instrument, or artistic technique, and track your progress and achievements over time.
- Take an online course or attend a workshop on a topic that interests you, and apply the knowledge and skills you gain to your personal and professional life.
- Start a gratitude practice, focusing on the positive aspects of your life and expressing appreciation for the people, experiences, and things that bring you joy and fulfillment.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation, developing a greater sense of awareness and presence in the moment, and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Join a support group or coaching program, connecting with others who share your goals and values, and receiving feedback and guidance on your personal development journey.
- Write a memoir or personal essay, reflecting on your life experiences and the lessons you have learned along the way, and sharing your story with others.
- Practice self-care, prioritizing your physical, emotional, and mental health, and finding ways to relax, recharge, and rejuvenate.
- Start a personal development blog or social media account, sharing your insights, experiences, and journey with others, and building a community of like-minded individuals who are committed to personal growth and self-improvement.
Teaching and mentoring
(teaching in schools, tutoring, coaching, mentoring, or leading workshops and classes):
- Start a tutoring or coaching business, offering personalized services to students or individuals seeking to learn new skills or improve their performance.
- Create and lead workshops or classes on a topic you are passionate about, such as writing, art, or public speaking, and share your knowledge and expertise with others.
- Volunteer as a mentor or coach with a local organization, such as a youth program or community center, and help guide and support others on their learning journey.
- Develop a curriculum or lesson plan on a topic you are passionate about and share it with a school or educational organization, offering to teach a class or workshop.
- Host a book club or discussion group focused on a topic you are passionate about, such as history, politics, or literature, and facilitate engaging conversations and learning experiences.
- Write a teaching or mentoring guide, sharing your insights and best practices for effective teaching and coaching, and offering practical tips and advice for new and experienced educators.
- Create a podcast or video series focused on teaching and mentoring, sharing interviews with experts, coaching tips and strategies, and success stories from your students or mentees.
- Develop and market an online course or training program, offering a range of resources and tools to help others improve their teaching or mentoring skills and build successful careers in education.
- Collaborate with other educators and mentors to develop and share best practices, tools, and resources, and build a community of support and learning for educators and learners alike.
- Continuously seek out new opportunities to learn and grow as an educator or mentor, attending workshops, conferences, and other professional development opportunities, and staying up-to-date on the latest research and trends in education and mentoring.
Parenting and family
(raising children, taking care of elderly parents, etc.):
- Starting a blog or vlog about your experiences as a parent, sharing tips and advice with other parents.
- Creating a support group for parents of children with special needs.
- Starting a home-based daycare or babysitting service for parents in your community.
- Hosting parenting workshops and classes for new parents, focusing on topics like sleep training, feeding, and discipline.
- Volunteering with organizations that support families and children, like Big Brothers Big Sisters, Ronald McDonald House, or the YMCA.
- Writing a book or creating a podcast about your experiences raising a family.
- Starting a community garden where families can come together and grow their own produce.
- Creating a family cookbook or food blog, sharing recipes and meal planning ideas.
- Starting a family game night or movie night, where families in your community can come together and bond.
- Hosting a family fitness challenge, where families can come together and participate in activities like hiking, biking, or yoga.
Religion and spirituality
(spreading the word of a specific religion or belief, working with faith-based organizations, or helping people in poor and developing countries):
- Join a faith-based organization or church group that focuses on missionary work and help support their efforts.
- Plan and lead mission trips to impoverished areas or developing countries to provide aid and spread the word of your religion or belief.
- Work with organizations that focus on building homes, schools, and hospitals in poor and developing countries.
- Host workshops and classes to teach people in impoverished areas new skills that can help them support themselves and their families.
- Volunteer with organizations that focus on disaster relief efforts or provide humanitarian aid to those in need.
- Work with local religious leaders and organizations to support and empower the communities they serve.
- Use social media and other platforms to spread awareness and educate others about the importance of missionary work.
- Advocate for policies and funding that support missionary and humanitarian efforts around the world.
- Host fundraising events or campaigns to support your missionary work or to raise money for organizations that focus on humanitarian efforts.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to individuals or groups who are interested in becoming involved in missionary work or humanitarian aid.
Spiritual practices such as meditation and mindfulness
(practicing meditation, yoga, or other mindfulness techniques, teaching others, etc.):
- Developing a meditation or mindfulness app: If you have experience with app development, you could create an app that guides users through various meditation or mindfulness practices.
- Starting a meditation or mindfulness group: You could create a local or online group for people to come together and practice meditation or mindfulness techniques.
- Writing a book on mindfulness: If you enjoy writing, you could write a book on mindfulness practices, techniques, and benefits.
- Teaching mindfulness to children: You could create lesson plans and resources to teach mindfulness practices to children in schools or community centers.
- Hosting a retreat: If you have experience with retreat planning, you could organize a mindfulness retreat for individuals or groups.
- Creating guided meditations: You could create guided meditations and offer them online or in person to help others with their meditation practice.
- Designing mindfulness products: If you’re creative, you could design and sell products such as meditation cushions, candles, or journals to help people with their mindfulness practice.
- Incorporating mindfulness into your work: If you work in a high-stress job, you could incorporate mindfulness practices into your workday and then share your experiences with others.
- Starting a blog or podcast: You could start a blog or podcast to share your own mindfulness journey, provide tips and advice, and interview experts in the field.
- Volunteering to teach mindfulness: You could offer to teach mindfulness practices to underserved communities or organizations such as prisons or hospitals.
(cooking, baking, food blogging, food photography, etc.):
- Create a food blog or Instagram account to share your recipes, cooking tips, and food photography.
- Develop a specialty or niche within the culinary world, such as vegan cooking or regional cuisine, and build a following around your unique expertise.
- Create a cookbook, featuring your own original recipes or a collection of your favorite dishes.
- Host a supper club or pop-up restaurant, where you can showcase your culinary skills and share your love of food with others.
- Develop a video series or podcast, where you can discuss cooking techniques, ingredient sourcing, and food culture.
- Attend cooking classes or workshops to learn new skills and techniques, and incorporate them into your own cooking.
- Experiment with food preservation techniques, such as canning or pickling, to extend the life of seasonal ingredients.
- Write food-related articles or restaurant reviews for local publications or online platforms.
- Volunteer at a local food bank or community garden, sharing your knowledge and skills with others.
- Develop your own signature dish, perfecting it over time and sharing it with family, friends, and your online community.
(sommelier, cheese making, beer brewing, etc.):
- Sommelier: If you’re passionate about wine, consider becoming a certified sommelier. You can offer wine-tasting events, teach people about wine, and offer pairing suggestions for various dishes.
- Cheese making: Learn the art of cheese making and experiment with different types of cheeses. You can sell your cheese at local farmers’ markets or offer cheese-making classes.
- Beer brewing: Brewing your own beer is a fun hobby that can turn into a profitable business. You can experiment with different flavors and styles and sell your beer at local bars or breweries.
- Cooking classes: Offer cooking classes to teach people how to cook their favorite dishes or learn new recipes. You can do this in person or online.
- Catering: If you love cooking and hosting events, start a catering business. You can cater weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions.
- Food blogging: Share your passion for food and cooking by starting a food blog. You can share recipes, food reviews, and culinary tips with your readers.
- Food photography: If you have an eye for aesthetics and love food, consider becoming a food photographer. You can take pictures of dishes for restaurants, cookbooks, and food blogs.
- Cookbook author: If you love creating new recipes and want to share them with the world, consider writing a cookbook. You can self-publish or pitch your book to publishers.
(providing makeup services for events, productions, and photo shoots):
- Creating makeup tutorials on social media: You can create makeup tutorials on platforms like YouTube or Instagram and share your knowledge and expertise with a wider audience.
- Volunteering as a makeup artist for charitable events: You can offer your makeup services for free for events that support a cause that you believe in.
- Starting a makeup artistry business: You can start your own makeup artistry business and offer your services for weddings, photoshoots, and other special events.
- Offering personalized makeup consultations: You can offer one-on-one consultations for clients and provide them with personalized recommendations for their skin type and makeup preferences.
- Experimenting with different makeup techniques: You can experiment with different makeup techniques and create new looks and styles that you can share with your followers on social media or use in your makeup artistry business.
- Developing your own makeup line: You can develop your own makeup line and offer unique products that cater to a specific niche in the market.
- Teaching makeup artistry: You can teach makeup artistry to aspiring makeup artists and share your knowledge and experience with others who share your passion.
(training dogs, horses, or other animals for competitions or as service animals):
- Starting a dog training business: Providing training and obedience services to pet owners in your area.
- Training guide dogs: Partnering with guide dog organizations to train dogs to assist the visually impaired.
- Horseback riding instruction: Providing riding lessons and horse training services to equestrians.
- Training animals for TV and film: Working with animal talent agencies to train animals for roles in television shows, movies, and commercials.
- Service animal training: Training animals to assist people with disabilities in their daily lives.
- Animal behavior research: Conducting research on animal behavior and using your findings to develop new training techniques.
- Zoo and aquarium training: Working with zookeepers and marine biologists to train animals in captivity.
- Training animals for sports and competitions: Training animals for dog shows, horse races, and other competitive events.
(researching, writing, teaching, etc.):
- Genealogy research: Tracing your family tree and learning more about your ancestry can be a fascinating project that can also help you understand your own personal history.
- Oral history project: Interviewing older relatives, friends, or members of your community about their experiences and memories can help preserve important stories and perspectives.
- Local history research: Learning more about the history of your town or city, including the people, events, and buildings that have shaped it, can be a rewarding project.
- Writing historical fiction: Combining your love of history with your passion for writing can be a fun and creative way to explore different time periods and historical events.
- Preservation projects: Helping to preserve historical landmarks, artifacts, or documents can be a meaningful way to contribute to the field of history and ensure that important pieces of our past are not lost.
- Teaching history: Sharing your knowledge of history with others through teaching or mentoring can be a fulfilling way to inspire a new generation of history enthusiasts.
- Museum volunteering: Volunteering at a local museum or historical society can be a great way to get involved with preserving and sharing history in your community.
- Historical travel: Visiting historical sites and landmarks can be a fun and educational way to learn more about the past and connect with different cultures and time periods.
Adventure and travel
(exploring new cultures, hiking, backpacking, camping, scuba diving, photography, etc.):
- Plan and embark on an extended backpacking trip, exploring different natural and cultural environments and documenting your experiences through photography, writing, or video.
- Start a travel blog or social media account, sharing your adventures and tips with others and building a community of fellow travelers.
- Learn a new language or study a new culture, immersing yourself in the local way of life and gaining a deeper understanding of the world.
- Volunteer with local community organizations or environmental groups, using your skills and expertise to make a positive impact on the places you visit.
- Create your own adventure or outdoor challenge, such as climbing a mountain or hiking a long-distance trail, and document your journey through photos or video.
- Explore different forms of adventure sports, such as scuba diving, rock climbing, or kayaking, and push your limits while experiencing the thrill of the outdoors.
- Develop your photography skills, capturing stunning images of the natural beauty and cultural richness of the places you visit.
- Write a book or create a documentary film, sharing your travel experiences and insights with a wider audience.
- Learn about sustainable travel and ecotourism, making conscious choices that minimize your impact on the environment and promote responsible travel.
- Connect with locals and other travelers, building relationships and fostering a sense of community and mutual respect across different cultures and backgrounds.
(studying and learning new languages, teaching others, etc.):
- Create an online language learning course or app.
- Start a language exchange program with people from different countries.
- Write a language learning blog or create social media content about language learning tips and tricks.
- Translate books, articles, or documents from one language to another.
- Develop your own language learning curriculum and teach it to others.
- Organize a language immersion program in a foreign country for yourself or others.
- Create a YouTube channel or podcast where you teach language learning techniques and interview people who have successfully learned a new language.
- Volunteer to teach language courses at community centers, schools, or online.
- Write a book about your language learning journey and share your experiences and insights with others.
- Organize language learning events, such as language cafés or language exchange parties, where people can practice speaking in different languages.
(antiques, stamps, coins, art, etc.):
- Starting a collection: Choose a category of items that interests you and start collecting them. You can search for items at antique stores, flea markets, garage sales, and online marketplaces.
- Organizing and cataloging collections: If you already have a collection, consider organizing and cataloging it. You can create a database, spreadsheet, or other system to keep track of your items.
- Researching and learning about collections: Dive deep into the history and significance of the items you collect. This can include researching the origin, production, and cultural significance of each item.
- Sharing your collection with others: Host exhibitions, invite friends and family over to view your collection, or start a blog or YouTube channel to share your passion with a wider audience.
- Trading or selling items: Connect with other collectors and trade or sell items to add to your collection. This can be a great way to network with other enthusiasts and find unique pieces for your collection.
- Preserving and restoring collections: If you collect antiques or other fragile items, learn how to properly care for and restore them. This can include learning about cleaning, repairing, and preserving techniques to keep your items in good condition.
Fashion and beauty
(hair and makeup styling, fashion blogging, etc.):
- Start a fashion or beauty blog and share your insights and recommendations on products, styles, and trends.
- Launch your own fashion or beauty brand, designing and producing your own clothes, accessories, or cosmetics.
- Experiment with makeup and hair styling, creating new looks and sharing tutorials on social media.
- Create a YouTube channel or Instagram page where you review beauty products, share makeup and skincare routines, and offer tips and tricks.
- Learn how to sew, knit, or crochet, and create your own clothing or accessories.
- Organize a fashion or beauty event, such as a runway show or beauty fair.
- Volunteer with a nonprofit organization that provides beauty services or clothes to people in need.
- Start a podcast discussing the latest fashion and beauty trends, interviewing experts in the industry, and sharing your own thoughts and experiences.
- Explore the history of fashion and beauty, researching and writing about different styles and trends from different eras.
- Collaborate with other fashion or beauty enthusiasts to create a community where you can share your passion and creativity with others.
Personal shopping and styling
(assisting clients with shopping and styling, including wardrobe curation and personal shopping services):
- Personal shopping and styling for seniors: Offering personalized shopping and styling services for seniors who may have difficulty navigating stores or need assistance updating their wardrobe.
- Online styling and shopping service: Starting an online styling and shopping service where clients can receive personalized fashion advice and purchase clothing items tailored to their style and preferences.
- Sustainable fashion consulting: Providing consulting services to help clients transition to a more sustainable and eco-friendly wardrobe, including recommending ethical and sustainable clothing brands and educating clients on the importance of sustainable fashion.
- Vintage clothing curation and sales: Starting a vintage clothing business where you curate and sell one-of-a-kind vintage items, either through an online store or a physical boutique.
- Bridal styling and shopping: Specializing in bridal styling and shopping, including helping brides find the perfect dress, accessories, and styling for their big day.
- Styling for special occasions: Offering styling services for special occasions such as proms, weddings, and other formal events.
- Wardrobe organizing and styling: Providing services to help clients organize and style their wardrobe, including purging items they no longer need and creating new outfits with existing clothing.
- Children’s styling and shopping: Assisting parents with shopping and styling services for their children, including creating outfits for special events or back-to-school shopping.
- Beauty and makeup styling: Offering services such as makeup and hair styling for special events or everyday wear, as well as providing beauty product recommendations and tutorials.
- Image consulting: Providing personalized image consulting services to help clients improve their personal and professional image, including wardrobe, grooming, and communication skills.
Science fiction and fantasy
(reading, writing, participating in fandom, etc.):
- Writing your own sci-fi or fantasy novel or short stories.
- Creating artwork inspired by sci-fi or fantasy worlds and characters.
- Participating in cosplay events and designing your own costumes.
- Building replicas of props or vehicles from sci-fi or fantasy movies and TV shows.
- Hosting a sci-fi or fantasy book club or movie night with friends.
- Creating your own sci-fi or fantasy board game or video game.
- Designing and building your own sci-fi or fantasy world, complete with maps, languages, and cultures.
- Learning how to create special effects and CGI for sci-fi or fantasy movies.
- Collecting and trading sci-fi or fantasy merchandise, such as action figures, books, or trading cards.
- Creating your own sci-fi or fantasy podcast or YouTube channel, discussing your favorite books, movies, and TV shows.
(creating and wearing costumes inspired by fictional characters or other cultural icons):
- Create a tutorial blog or video series on how to make cosplay costumes and props.
- Organize cosplay events or competitions in your community.
- Participate in charity events or fundraisers as a cosplayer to help raise money for a cause.
- Write a book or blog about your experiences and adventures as a cosplayer.
- Collaborate with other cosplayers to create a group cosplay or themed group.
- Design and make cosplay accessories or costumes to sell on online marketplaces such as Etsy.
- Volunteer as a cosplayer at children’s hospitals or events to bring joy and happiness to those in need.
- Create a cosplay photography portfolio or collaborate with photographers to showcase your cosplays.
- Participate in cosplay panels or workshops at conventions to share your knowledge and experiences with others.
- Create a YouTube channel or social media account to share your cosplay creations and tutorials with a wider audience.
(delivering speeches, coaching, etc.):
- Toastmasters: Joining a local Toastmasters club and working on public speaking skills with a supportive community.
- Motivational speaking: Sharing personal stories and inspiring others to achieve their goals.
- Debate and discussion: Participating in debates or leading group discussions on a specific topic of interest.
- TEDx talk: Preparing and delivering a TEDx talk on a topic you are passionate about.
- Podcasting: Starting a podcast on a topic that you want to explore or share with others.
- Webinars: Hosting webinars on a specific topic of interest to share your knowledge and expertise with others.
- Teaching: Becoming a teacher or instructor and teaching others public speaking skills.
- Book clubs: Joining or starting a book club and leading discussions on the book of the month.
- Improv: Joining an improv group to develop improvisational speaking skills.
- Stand-up comedy: Trying your hand at stand-up comedy and developing your comedic timing and delivery.
(organizing and coordinating events, such as weddings, corporate events, or parties):
- Create a business plan and start your own event planning company.
- Plan a charity event to raise money for a cause you are passionate about.
- Plan a themed event, such as a murder mystery dinner party or a masquerade ball.
- Volunteer to plan events for non-profit organizations in your community.
- Plan a wedding or other special occasion for a friend or family member.
- Create a blog or social media account to share event planning tips and inspiration.
- Plan a community-wide festival or fair.
- Host a networking event for professionals in your industry.
- Plan a fundraising event for a local school or sports team.
- Offer your event planning services pro bono to help a local business or organization.
(studying paranormal phenomena, such as telekinesis or ESP, and conducting research in the field):
- Conducting a research study on paranormal experiences and compiling the findings into a book or documentary.
- Hosting a podcast or blog about parapsychology, interviewing experts in the field and discussing current research.
- Developing an educational program or workshop series to teach others about parapsychology and how to investigate and document paranormal phenomena.
- Creating and managing a website or online forum where people can share their own paranormal experiences and connect with others who have had similar experiences.
- Starting a parapsychology club or group in your community to meet regularly and discuss research, investigations, and experiences related to the paranormal.