Free printable bridesmaid proposal cards that you can personalize online before you print.
Your wedding day is a huge event! It’s a day that you want to share with your friends and family! It’s your big day! As the world is returning back to normal and weddings are able to be held on a large scale again, so, too, is the time-honored tradition of asking your friends to stand up with you at your wedding as your bridesmaids. You may want to make this a huge event, while other brides may want to ask this of their friends in private!
No matter how you’re thinking of proposing to your besties before your wedding, it can be an overwhelming experience that leaves you with a lot of questions.
What is a Bridesmaid?
A lot of people question what a Bridesmaid actually is and what their function is in a wedding. The answer is actually fairly simple. Bridesmaids are a traditional part of the wedding ceremony. They are part of the bridal party whose main job is to support the bride on her big day. They are there to help the Maid of Honor and the Bride with wedding planning and preparations, as well as helping to set up the wedding venue and assist the bride on the wedding day. They normally function to make sure that the Bride has as little as possible to worry about.
What Does A Bridesmaid Do?
While there is not a true definition of a Bridesmaid’s job description, most Brides enter into their wedding with some idea of what they need from their party. Bridesmaids have a variety of jobs and functions within the wedding party. Their main job is to make sure that the Maid of Honor and Bride have all of the assistance they need with wedding planning and preparations. This can include wedding set-up and deconstruction, dress shopping, assembling centerpieces, or even just ushering guests and keeping people away from her.
This job comes with long hours and lots of tasks that you may not expect. They are required at the wedding hours in advance to help the Bride dress and set up. They also have to work with the family of the Bride and Groom to make things easier for the Bride to be prepared for her first entrance. Bridesmaids have to stay for the entire reception and after the wedding to help pack up centerpieces. This is usually done in the absence of the Bride so that the Bride and Groom can leave together and enjoy their night as newlyweds.
How Do You Ask Someone To Be Your Bridesmaid?
Asking someone to be your Bridesmaid is important! It’s significant to your big day! As such, many people want to turn this into an event. The most common way is to create a Bridesmaid Proposal for your wedding party. Bridesmaids proposals can be as elaborate as a marriage proposal or as simple as a text message!
But, if you’re struggling, we’ve got some ideas for you!
Bridesmaids Proposal Ideas
There is no right or wrong way to propose to your bridesmaids. Here are a few creative suggestions for you to consider!
- Proposal Box: One popular way to ask your Bridesmaids to stand up with you is to make a Bridesmaid Proposal Box with their favorite wine or champagne, as well as a wine glass in the center that asks, “Will You Be My Bridesmaid?” You can either make your own wine glass or tumbler using items from the craft store, or you can buy them online! Most of the time, they open this gift without any expectation as to what might be inside and are happy to share the small bottle of wine you put in the box.
- Card: Another inexpensive and cute way to ask your Bridesmaids to be yours is to make them a Bridesmaid Proposal card. This is inexpensive and can be personalized for your wedding party and friendships!
- T-shirts: A less traditional way you can propose is by making your Bridal party t-shirts, asking them to stand up with you. This is usually cute and it is something that you can all wear out on Bridal Party outings!
- Text: Though not as personal, sometimes it is necessary to send them a text! You can text those that you wish to be in your Bridal party a proposal and keep it short, sweet and to the point. This is often necessary with members of the Bridal Party that live out of state or even country.
Bridesmaid Proposal Cards
Free printable and editable will you be my bridesmaid cards. You can add your own photo to the bridesmaid cards and you can edit the text.
The “Will you be my bridesmaid” cards above are 5″x7″.
What To Write In A Bridesmaid Proposal Card
If you want to go the route of a card, it might seem daunting, but, you can easily word your proposal and create a lasting impression on your bridal party.
Here are a few fun ideas that you can write for your bridesmaid proposal card message:
- – I need something borrowed, Something blue, Something old, and Something new, but, most importantly…I need you! Will you be my Bridesmaid?
- Will you be my Bridesmaid? There are groomsmen that are single! I checked!
- Without you, it wouldn’t be a Bridal Party! Will you be my Bridesmaid?
- It’s my turn to pop the question! Will you be my Bridesmaid?
Any of these sayings can be personalized to go with your unique friendships and wedding themes! You can edit the text on the bridesmaid card message and either copy one of the messages from above or you can write your own note.
Maid of Honor Proposal Card
Since all the text is editable you can edit the bridesmaid proposal cards above for a maid of honor as as well. Select any bridesmaid invitation and click on it to personalize it.
Bridesmaid Proposal Box
What Do You Put in a Bridesmaid Proposal Box?
A Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes can be as elaborate or as simple as you want them to be! Some people pack them tight with gifts, while others opt for singular items! No matter what you want to put in it, there are several items that you can get personalized to fit your proposal ideas!
- Candles: A nice scented candle goes with everything and you can even get customized labels that ask your bridal party to stand up with you!
- Wine/Champagne: You can easily get small bottles of wine or champagne to put in your proposal box. This way, all of your bridesmaids – and yourself – can toast to your proposal!
- Customized Wine Glass or Tumbler: Customized wine glasses and tumblers can be fun DIY projects – if you’re a crafty Bride! – or, they are easily available to purchase online! You can get them printed with your Bridesmaids’ names and “Will you be my Bridesmaid?” on the glass! This is not only a great way to ask them, but it is a fun item that they can continue to use during wedding planning!
- T-shirts: Bridal Party t-shirts are great for bridal outings and even the bachelorette party! These are fun for the crew to wear and make for great mementos later!
- Jewelry: If you so choose, you can even get your Bridesmaids a piece of jewelry that matches for all of them to wear with their wedding clothes! This is a great way for them to begin to coordinate already and it gives them something that they can use every day, but, also, will be able to appreciate for your wedding.
- Candy: For an extra effect, it’s always fun to throw some candy into the box! Who doesn’t love a good piece of chocolate?
Whatever you choose to put in your proposal box, it’s going to be a lasting and memorable experience for your bridesmaids!
While proposing to your Bridesmaids might seem to be a nerve-wracking experience, it should be fun and memorable for you and your wedding party! Make sure to have fun with it and your enthusiasm with carry through!