What is a bucket list and how do you create one? Use our free bucket list template to create a bucket list that will transform your life!
Either print a blank bucket list template from the selection below or use our bucket list maker to create a printable list of things that you would like to do.
Free online bucket list maker. You can save, print, or email your list.
Select the ideas that you want to include in your list and add your own to create your own printable bucket list.
DIY Bucket List Templates
Blank Template with Border – 101 Different Designs.
- Click on the button with your planner size.
- Select your background design (101 designs available). To change the background, go to “select border” and choose any design. There are many different categories of borders. For example, if you want to make a cute bucket list then select a border from the selection of cute backgrounds.
- Select the checklist template (many options available. Click on planner inserts then “checklists”). Before you download the template, decide how many bucket list items you will have and choose the list that looks long enough. Then change the title.
You can change the background and customize each template with your name. You can also type the list online before you print it.
You can now either print the list and add the bucket list items by hand, or you can; add the list before you print (click on the “A” icon to add an item and drag it to the correct position).
Bucket List Bullet Journal
Word / PDF
The PDF version is typeable. If you want to change the category titles then use the Word version.
What is a Bucket List?
Bucket List Meaning: A list of all of the things that you want to achieve or do during your lifetime.
How to make a bucket list
To create a bucket list, sit down and brainstorm. Think about all the things you wanted to do and never got around to doing. Think of the things you dream of doing but never had the guts. Read the ideas below to get more ideas and see more examples.
How do you decide which things to put on a bucket list?
- Firstly, add the things that you have always wanted to do but never got around to doing.
- Think of the cool things that your friends or family have done that made you envious.
- If you were told that the world was coming to an end, what would you like to accomplish before then?
- Travel – make a list of places that you would like to visit or landmarks you would like to see.
- Are there any people that you would love to meet?
- When you think of the perfect life a famous person might have, what do you think makes it perfect?
- Crazy bucket list ideas – what is crazy for one person might seem dull for another. Add one insane thing that you think will be fun to try, but you most probably wouldn’t even try it if it wasn’t on your list, for example, have a food fight
- Funny bucket list ideas – do something ridiculous and childish like replacing the sugar with salt or play a funny, harmless trick on someone.
- Relationship – is there anything that you want to do with someone special, for someone or to improve your relationship?
Why Create a Bucket List?
Life is often hectic, and many of us are in survival mode most of the time. We don’t usually take the time to think of all of the things that we dream of accomplishing. Creating a bucket list can also help you prioritize your efforts to ensure that you are working towards the goals that are important to you and not only those that require your urgent attention.
Bucket List Ideas
These are the things I have already done and recommend:
- Walk through Grand Central Station, New York
- See a Broadway musical
- Visit the Palace of Versailles in France
- Drink Beer at Oktoberfest in Germany
- Visit the ancient city of Kyoto in Japan
- Sleep on a houseboat in Holland or Belgium
- Ride in a Gondola in Venice, Italy
- Visit the Colosseum in Rome, Italy
- Visit the Taj Mahal in India
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Go on a road trip
- Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
- Live in a different country for at least 6 months (I lived in Japan)
- Swim in the Dead Sea in Israel
- Visit the White House
- Visit the Iguazu Falls in Brazil / Argentina
- Eat Paella in Spain
These are the things I haven’t done yet but want to do:
- See the Northern Lights
- Visit Hawaii
- Visit the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt
- Go island hopping in Greece
- Go to Mardi Gras, New Orleans
Sport and Fitness
- Is there a sport you would like to learn? Examples, are swimming, tennis, squash, and baseball.
- Is there something that you are currently physically incapable of doing but would like to be able to accomplish one day? Examples, are a triathlon, a marathon, a half marathon, 150 sit-ups, a 3-minute plank, and 30 push-ups.
- Is there a mountain that you would like to climb?
- Is there an extreme sport that you would like to try? Examples, skydiving, bungee jumping, get a scuba diving license.
- Is your BMI in the normal range? If not, one of your goals could be to reach a healthy BMI.
- Attend the Olympics
- Learn a martial art
- What can you do to make a difference in other people’s lives? Examples, find a way to help someone without them knowing about it, make a bag of care packages and drop them off at a homeless shelter or somewhere where they will be appreciated, donate an organ, tutor someone in need.
- What is the most memorable thing you can do for someone else? Examples, volunteer somewhere, give an anonymous donation to someone in need, help someone unemployed find a job.
- Rescue a dog or any animal from an animal shelter
- Feed a homeless person
- Mud wrestle
- Catch a fish
- Write a love letter
- Go to a yoga retreat
- Do you want to further your education? Examples, get a degree, do a course, study something you have always wanted to explore.
- Make a list of the skills or hobbies that you would like to learn or try: examples, knitting, origami, pottery, yoga.
- Do you want to learn a new language or maybe X words in a new language?
There is no such thing as the “best bucket list.” What might be important to someone is not necessarily as important to others. Your list should contain the things that are most important to you. It is your life and your list!
Should you Modify your Bucket List over Time?
I think that it depends on why you want to change it. I believe that if your priorities change over the years, then it is OK to change goals that are no longer important to you. If something that seemed important at the time you created the list is no longer relevant then I think that you should focus your efforts on things that are important to you. On the other hand, I don’t believe that the bucket list should be changed because the goals suddenly seem too tricky. If it is still important to you, then I think that it should stay on the list even if the process is more complicated than you thought it would be.
Bucket Lists that You Can Make
Since the title can be customized, you can use these templates for many purposes such as a:
- Summer bucket list (we have a specific template with a summer theme)
- College bucket list (things you want to do before graduation)
- Couples bucket list (a bucket list for couples can include romantic and fun things to do together to ensure that your relationship does not become too routine and boring)
- Best friend bucket list (if you are lucky enough to have a best friend that is willing to do crazy things with you that others won’t even consider then make a list of all of the fun things that you want to do together)
- High school bucket list (things you want to do before graduation)
- Travel bucket list (with a list of places you want to visit or landmarks you want to see)
- Senior year bucket list
- Teenage bucket list (things you want to do before you turn 20)
- Spring break bucket list
- Movie bucket list (all of the movies that you want to see)
- Adventure bucket list (make a list of all of the adventures you want to go on to exotic places or exciting activities such as hiking mountains, treks, sailing, going to sites that are difficult to reach or even a treasure hunt)