Choose a bucket list template from the selection below. Each template can be customized with your name and the number of items in your bucket list. You can also type the list online before you print it.
How to make a bucket list
Firstly, choose the design that you want to use from the selection below. Before you download the template decide about how many bucket list items you will have and choose the list that looks long enough. Then change the title. You can now either print the list and add the bucket list items in your handwriting or you can add the list before you print (click on the “A” icon to add an item and move it to the correct position).
What is a Bucket List?
Bucket List Meaning: A list of all of the things that you want to achieve or do during your life time.
Why Create a Bucket List?
Life is often hectic and many of us are in survival mode most of the time. We don’t often take the time to think of all of the things that we dream to accomplish. Creating a bucket list can also help you prioritize your efforts in order to ensure that you are working towards the goals that are important to you and not only those that require your urgent attention.
Bucket List Ideas
How do you decide which things to put on a bucket list?
- Firstly, add the things that you have always wanted to do but never got around to doing.
- Think of the cool things that your friends or family have done that made you envious.
- If you were told that the world was coming to an end what would you like to accomplish before then.
- Travel – make a list of places that you would like to visit or landmarks you would like to see.
- Make a list of the skills or hobbies that you would like to learn or try. Examples, knitting, origami, pottery, yoga.
- Do you want to learn a new language or maybe X words in a new language?
- Are there any people that you would love to meet?
- When you think of the perfect life a famous person might have what do you think makes it perfect?
- Is there a sport you would like to learn? Examples, swimming, tennis, squash, baseball.
- What can you do to make a difference in other people’s lives? Examples, find a way to help someone without them knowing about it, make a bag of care packages and drop them off at a homeless shelter or somewhere where they will be appreciated, donate an organ, tutor someone in need.
- What is the most memorable thing you can do for someone else? Examples, volunteer somewhere, give an anonymous donation to someone in need, help someone unemployed find a job.
- Is there something that you are currently physically incapable of doing but would like to be able to accomplish one day? Examples, a triathlon, a marathon, a half marathon, 150 sit ups, 3 minute plank, 30 push ups.
- Is there a mountain that you would like to climb?
- Is there an extreme sport that you would like to try? Examples, skydiving, bungee jumping, get a diving license.
- Is your BMI in the normal range? If not, one of your goals could be to reach a normal BMI.
- Do you want to further your education? Examples, get a degree, do a course, study something you have always wanted to study.
- Crazy bucket list ideas – what is crazy for one person might seem dull for another. Add one crazy thing that you think will be fun to try but you most probably wouldn’t even try it if it wasn’t on your list for example, have a food fight
- Funny bucket list ideas – do something funny and childish like replace the sugar with salt or just funny like playing a funny harmless trick on someone.
- Relationship – is there anything that you want to do with someone special, for someone or to improve your relationship?
There is no such a thing as the “best bucket list”. What might be important to someone is not necessarily as important to others. Your list should contain the things that are most important to you. It is your life and your list!
Should you Modify your Bucket List over Time?
I think that it depends on why you want to change it. I believe that if your priorities change over the years then it is OK to change goals that are no longer important to you. If something that seemed important at the time you created the list is no longer important then I think that you should focus your efforts on things that are important to you. On the other hand, I don’t think that the bucket list should be changed because the goals suddenly seem too difficult. If it is still important to you then I think that it should stay on the list even if the process will be more complicated than you thought it will be.
Bucket Lists that You Can Make
Since the title can be customized these templates can be used for many purposes such as a:
- Summer bucket list (we have specific template with a summer theme)
- College bucket list (things you want to do before graduation)
- Couples bucket list (a bucket list for couples can include romantic and fun things to do together to ensure that your relationship does not become too routine and boring)
- Best friend bucket list (if you are lucky enough to have a best friend that is willing to do crazy things with you that others won’t even consider then make a list of all of the fun things that you want to do together)
- High school bucket list (things you want to do before graduation)
- Travel bucket list (with a list of places you want to visit and/or landmarks you want to see)
- Senior year bucket list
- Teenage bucket list (things you want to do before you turn 20)
- Spring break bucket list
- Movie bucket list (all of the movies that you want to see)
- Adventure bucket list (make a list of all of the adventures you want to go on to exotic places and/or exciting activities such as hiking mountains, treks, sailing, going to places that are difficult to reach or even a treasure hunt)