We offer a free printable fax cover sheet template in 16 different formats. Add your details and your logo. Available for Word, Excel, fillable PDF, Google Docs, and as an image. Instant download and no registration required!
Fax Cover Sheet Template
A fax cover sheet template is very useful when sending documents for work, school, or personal matters. It is available in various formats. On the MS Word version and the Google Docs version the date auto-generates when you open the template. Use the bottom section of the fax cover letter to include any messages, comments, requests, or other important details.
The information included in each confirmation page: date, number of pages (first page of x pages), intended recipient or recipient’s name, fax number, fax number of the sender, subject line, and space for a short message. For a business fax cover sheet there is also an option to add a logo and the company’s name, phone number, and other relevant information.
When the fax documents are confidential, you might need to add a disclaimer such as this:
The facsimile transmittal may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, use, copying, dissemination, or distribution of the contents other than to the addressee of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately via the contact details above and return the original message to us or destroy the attached documents.
A fax cover disclaimer should include the following:
- A statement that the information is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law;
- That it is intended for use only by the recipient;
- That use of the information is strictly prohibited;
- Notification to the sender in the event of erroneous receipt
The sample disclaimer above includes all four of these elements.
How to make a cover sheet
Select any of the fax templates from the selection above. You can select a fax cover sheet in PDF format if you prefer to use the blank version. If you want to add your company’s details, then the Word format will be a better option. You can add your company’s name, address, contact details, logo, etc. If you don’t like any version as-is then select the fax sheet in Word and edit as you wish.
If you want to add your logo, then select a fax cover page with a logo and replace it with your own. You can also add a logo to any template, even if it doesn’t have one. To do this, open the document in Microsoft Word. Click on insert then select the image and select your logo. Right-click on the logo and select “wrap text”. Select “In front of text” and drag the logo to wherever you want it to appear.
The free fax cover sheet can be used for your home or your business. If you are using it for a business, then fill in all the details that will be relevant each time you use it. This includes the sender’s name, contact details, the company’s name, and address. You can then put a few copies next to the fax machine and use it whenever you need one. You will then only need to fill in the recipient’s details.
Fax cover sheet example
How to make a fax sheet cover
Since the templates are totally customizable, you can use them to create fax letterhead. (see letterhead).
If you want your template to look more like a letter than a form then choose a template with a fax header. What is a fax header? This is the top section of the template that shows information such as the sender and receiver’s fax numbers, the number of pages, the date and time, etc.
Use the message section to write a fax cover letter. If you want to write a long message, then select a template with more space for a message.
How to edit cover sheet for fax
You can edit the free fax cover sheet template with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, or Google Sheets.
- Select any fax sheet template from the selection above.
- If you want to edit it extensively, then select the fax cover sheet Word version or the Google Docs version. If not, you can select the fillable fax cover sheet in PDF format.
- Type your name and contact details if the fax template is for personal use. If you are making a fax cover page for a business, then add your business name, contact details, address, website, email, fax, telephone number, and logo if you have one.
- If you are going to fill out everything each time you use the cover page, then save the document somewhere accessible. If you are going to fill out the specific details by hand, then delete all sections that will need to be filled out by hand. Make a few copies of the blank fax cover sheet and put them next to the fax machine. Each time you send a fax, you can fill in the details. This will save you a lot of time.
How to fax without a fax machine
There are many online fax services available today so you don’t need a fax machine in order to send or receive a fax. You usually don’t need to add your fax cover sheet to your fax. The online fax service does it for you. You don’t even need to print it, which makes it more cost-effective.