A medication log can help you track your medication and provide important information to your health care provider. We provide many different medication trackers to help you find the perfect one for your specific needs.
Free printable medication log sheet in various formats. Since the medication tracker is editable you can adapt it to your needs.
- There is a free medication list template in Word format that can be customized. It is a blank page with a simple border.
- There is a printable medication list that cannot be edited. This is available in jpg format.
- Medication log sheet PDF format that cannot be edited.
- There is a medication schedule template with 101 different backgrounds for those who want a pretty version. You can select any background and any format for the medication log. You can also add text and photos. For example, you can add a photo of each medication. This free printable medication log is available in any planner size so that you can insert it into your planner or use it as is.
Medication List Template
The medication template includes the following fields: date, medication, dose, frequency, and time
Bullet Journal Medicine Tracker
This medication tracker bullet journal style can be used with a bullet journal or for anyone who wants to save on ink. Use it as a stand-alone page or insert it into your planner.
Online Medication List with 101 Different Backgrounds
This version is good if you want to make a pretty printable and choose your background and the format of the medication log.
This printable medication sheet is useful if you have a specific theme for your planner and want to use the same theme for all your inserts. There are 101 different designs available.
How to use the online designer
- Select any background.
- Delete the contents of the planner if you want to replace them.
- Click on the “medication list”. Select any layout.
- If you want to make a printable for a planner in a specific size, then click on any button below. Go to inserts and select the “medication log”.
To Print on US Letter Paper (8.5″ x 11″)
To Print on A4 Paper (21cm X 29.7cm)
How to Edit the Medication List Form
Select the medication log template that is closest to your ideal form.
Open the format that you want to use. If you want to edit the template then use the Word format.
Medication Log Sheet PDF
There are two methods to print a medication log sheet in PDF format. You can either select a ready-made sheet and download it as a PDF file or you can create your own custom sheet and select your background and text. It takes about 2 minutes to make and can be customized free and then downloaded as a PDF file.
The first option is a blank white sheet with a simple grey border available in one size only (full page). The second option enables you to select any background you want in any size.
Why is it important to track your medication?
- Keeping track of your medicine list prevents medication errors. I don’t know about you, but my memory isn’t that good anymore. A few minutes after I think I have taken my medication I am not sure if I actually did or not. I once read that pregnancy causes memory loss. I don’t know if that is the reason or if I am just usually preoccupied but these days if I don’t track something then I probably won’t remember it.
- When something is on your mind it bothers you even if you are not aware of it. Remembering that you have taken a pill doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it is just another thing to remember. A thing that can be avoided by keeping a medication log. Your mind should be used to process information not to store it.
- Keeping track of all medication you take will enable your doctor or health professional to prevent drug interactions and to ensure that different medications can be safely taken together.
- In case of emergency, health professionals will know exactly what you are used to taking, what time you take it, and the dosage. Take the medication record with you to the emergency room, hospital, your physician, pharmacy and/or other health care providers.
- Include vitamins and over-the-counter medication in your tracking template as well. You never know when you might need to check what you have taken.
- Often medication has side effects. You might not even realize that a side effect is related. Keeping track of the time that you took a pill, the dosage, and a side effect might enable you to confirm that it is indeed caused by the medication.
- If medicine has special instructions such as food or liquid intake then make a note of it on your chart.