Free printable Secret Santa template with Secret Santa questions that you can edit or change.
What is Secret Santa
A Secret Santa gift exchange is a Christmas tradition in which members of a group are randomly assigned a person to whom they give a gift. The identity of the gift giver is supposed to remain a secret. Since the draw is random, people are often assigned someone they don’t know at all and have no idea what to buy. We offer you two sets of printables to overcome this obstacle and ensure that you buy the perfect gift even if you have never exchanged a word with the recipient.
Free Secret Santa Template Printables
On this page, you will find a free printable Secret Santa template for every purpose. If there is a printable that you would like us to add, then please leave a comment below.
Secret Santa Questionnaire
If you are not close to the person to who you were assigned to give a gift, then chances are you will have no idea what to buy. Our free printable Secret Santa questionnaire is designed to help you figure out what to buy. Each survey includes a list of Secret Santa questions that will give you an idea of what each person likes, which gift they would like to receive, and which gift they would hate to receive.
Some of the templates have a lot of questions, whereas others are shorter with fewer questions. The longer surveys will ensure that the gift giver has a better idea of what to buy, but some people might not have the patience to fill it out.
Each Secret Santa form above is available in three different formats: Microsoft Word, Editable PDF, or an image file (jpg).
Online Secret Santa Form Maker
Use our online form maker to select the background and edit the text.
On the following printables, you can add a photo or logo, you can change the background or remove it and you can add images, clipart, or other widgets. This is perfect to create office Secret Santa questions since you can select a border that works for your company and you can upload your company logo.
Secret Santa Wish List
Although the Secret Santa survey above is a fun way to play the game, some people will not want to fill it out. They might prefer to get straight to the point and write what they would like to receive. For those people, we offer a Secret Santa wish list template. Ask each person to list four or five gifts they would like to receive. Ask them to be as specific as possible. This will increase their chances of getting what they want and help the gift giver understand exactly what they are expecting to receive or what they would like.
You can create a Secret Santa wish list printable from any of the designs above since you can edit the list template and title.
Secret Santa Sign-up Sheet
Either pass around this Secret Santa sign-up sheet or hang it up somewhere everyone will see it. You can change the border and add a logo or image.
You can also add text to these sign-up sheets so if you have any Secret Santa rules you can add them to the sign-up template. For example, some people ask participants not to spend more than $x. You can add this sum to the sheet. To add text, click on the A icon and type your text. Drag it to wherever you want it to appear. You can make the checklist smaller and you can change the checklist by selecting another one.
Secret Santa Rules
- Ask people who want to participate in the game to sign up. See our free printable Secret Santa sign-up sheet.
- You might want to set a budget for each gift. This will ensure that everyone buys and receives a similar gift. You don’t want someone spending $100 and receiving a $10 gift.
- Give each person who is going to participate in the gift exchange a Secret Santa questionnaire or wish list and ask them to fill it out. Make sure they write their name on it and return it folded.
- Put all the folded pages into a bowl or basket.
- Ask each person to draw a page, one by one, without showing anyone which one they drew.
- Set a date for the gift exchange.
- When you get together to exchange gifts, make sure that each gift has the recipient’s name on it.
Either let the identity of each gift giver remain a secret or play a game where each person opens their gift and tries to guess who it is from.
Where can you play Secret Santa?
At the office
The ideal Secret Santa questionnaire for work will depend on how many people are taking part and how well the coworkers know each other. If you think people won’t have the patience to fill out the questions, you might prefer to use a Secret Santa wish list printable.
At school for teachers
Our Secret Santa printable is ideal for teachers. You can use the editable gift questionnaire and add questions that relate to school supplies and gifts that are more specific to teachers. For example, which school supplies are you always running out of?
At school for kids
You can use our free printable Secret Santa questions for kids. If you want to shorten the questionnaire, use the Word version, and delete some of the questions. You can also use the wish list.
Sample Secret Santa Questions
Here are some Secret Santa questions you can include in your questionnaire. Our printable templates include some of the questions from this list. We didn’t include all questions in each template as you don’t want it to be too tiresome. This list is very long but you can choose the best Secret Santa questions from the list for the budget you are setting. If you want to edit the questions, then select one of the editable versions.
- Do you play any sports?
- Favorite sport
- Which professional sport do you enjoy the most?
- Favorite sports team
- Favorite athlete?
- Do you enjoy any outdoor activities?
- What are your hobbies?
- What hobby do you enjoy most?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
Getting to know you
- Magazines you read
- Favorite scent: favorite perfume or cologne
- Favorite color
- Favorite book or genre of book?
- Favorite author
- Favorite flower
- Favorite artist
- Do you collect anything?
- The type of music you like / favorite band?
- Do you have any pets?
- Where would the perfect day be?
- Who is your hero?
- What is your mobile wallpaper?
- What fictional place would you like to visit?
- Favorite TV show?
- Last TV show you binged watched?
- Favorite actress or actor
- Favorite movie
- Favorite three music albums?
- What do you like to do on a rainy day?
- One thing you can’t live without?
- One thing you always need more of?
- What do you like to splurge on?
- Which fashion item could you not live without?
- Favorite part of the day?
- Favorite place you like to visit?
- Favorite type of food
- Favorite candy
- Favorite restaurant
- Favorite beverage
- Favorite coffee shop
- Favorite cookie
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Favorite comfort food
- Do you have any allergies?
This or That
(mark the correct answer)
- Sweet or savory?
- Coffee or tea?
- Beer or wine?
- Coffee or hot chocolate?
- Healthy food or junk food?
- Video games or nature?
- Antique or modern?
- A deserted island or a busy city?
- Android or Apple?
- Bright colors or neutral colors?
- Read a book or listen to an audiobook?
- Favorite time of the year: winter or summer?
Anything else your Secret Santa should know?
If you don’t want to use our Secret Santa questionnaire templates and prefer to use a blank page, then copy and paste the questions above on a blank document.