Tracking your sleep is important for a number of reasons but sometimes difficult to do. A beautiful sleep tracker bullet journal style can take hours to create. Use our free bullet journal app to create personalized sleep trackers in 2 minutes.
A sleep tracker, bullet journal style or traditional planner, keeps track of when you went to bed and when you got up. This enables you to visualize and track your sleep behaviors over time so you can make changes if necessary.
Getting enough sleep is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle and to maintain your physical and emotional health. Research suggests, however, that adults need at least 7–8 hours of sleep each night to be well rested.
We have many more bullet journal tracker ideas on this site.
Why use a bullet journal sleep log?
Although there are guidelines for how much sleep we need it really depends on the person. That is why tracking your sleep is helpful. If you track how much you sleep each night and how rested you feel in the morning, you will have a better idea of how many hours of sleep you need per night.
A sleep tracker bujo also often keeps track of the time you go to sleep and the time you wake up. After using a sleep tracker, I realized that when I go to sleep after 11 I never get enough sleep even if I can sleep in the next morning. I’m not sure why but as a result I always make sure that I go to sleep before 11 if possible.
When you track your sleep you will be more likely to go to sleep earlier since you know that you are going to track it and going to sleep late won’t go unnoticed.
The Benefits of Sleep
Research has shown that getting the recommended 7-8 hours per night can:
- Improve brain sharpness, concentration, productivity, and memory
- Boost your mood
- Reduce your risk of diabetes and heart problems
- Improve athletic achievement
- Keep your blood sugar steady
- Control your appetite, energy use, and weight control
- Enhance your immune system
How to Make a Sleep Journal
- Select one of the sleep journal templates above.
- Print it and put it next to your bed with a pen and pencil.
- Keep your trackers when you complete them and put them in a binder to create a sleep diary.
- A sleep diary will help you track your sleep patterns over time which will be more helpful when you try to look for the factors that affect your sleep.