We will help you find the best planner for college students to get you organized both at school and after school.
The best academic planner for one student is not necessarily the best for another. Everyone prefers to get organized using a different method, so what works for one person might not work for another. For that reason, I have presented 7 student planners that I think are great and you can choose the one that works best for you!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you purchase anything I earn a commission on your purchase but it doesn’t cost you anything.
Best all-around student planner
Best for those who want an all-purpose planner
I must say that I love the cover. I love both the design and the colors.
- This planner is for the period from Jan 2021 to Dec 2021.
- This is a monthly and weekly planner that is not specifically an academic planner but will most probably provide a solution for most of your needs. It has spacious monthly and weekly spreads with a lot of writing space. It’s perfect for those who have large handwriting.
- The pages are relatively thick so you can use markers and colors without worrying about feathering and ghosting.
- There are 12 tabs, one per month, to help you find each month without having to page through the planner.
- There are 15 note pages.
- A section for important dates.
- Calendar and holiday list.
- Addresses and numbers.
- A vision board to motivate and inspire you.
- There are review sections, goal-setting pages, and more.
The planner comes in a gift box, which makes it the perfect gift.
A bookmark and Interior pockets for notes and loose-leaf papers.
The size is 8″ x 10″
Best for those who want flexibility and creativity
By: Me & My Big Ideas
If you have spent more than a few minutes on this site, you will probably have noticed that I love Happy Planners. I love the flexibility and the option to add or remove pages easily. This planner is actually made for teachers but there are very few teacher-specific pages and even those can be used for students as well as teachers (such as the grade sheet). The planner is deskbound, so if you have an HP punch, then adding a page is a breeze. You can customize your planner to suit your needs. If you don’t like a page, you simply remove it. You can also add student planner pages from this site. See planner sizes to check how to resize printables to fit your Happy Planner. The cover reads “The influence of a good teacher can never be erased” which is true for both teachers and students. We do offer free printable custom Happy Planner covers in our Happy Planner printables section so you can make a new cover and other fun printables for your HP (Happy Planner). The planner is undated which I love. It is more flexible than a dated calendar. There is a grade section at the back, which is good to keep track of your grades. The box kit comes with additional items that make planning fun and creative. It will depend on the box that you get, but for example, the Teacher’s Influence Teacher Planner Box Kit includes:
- A big-sized undated planner
- 2 rolls of washi tape
- A folder
- 3 punch cards
- A bookmark
- 3 sticker sheets
Best for Time Management
This is the best student planner if you need help with time management, then this one is for you. It is dated and can be used for one year only. It focuses on time management and helps you use your time well.
- From Jan 2021- Dec 2021
- 12 months of monthly and weekly planner pages. Each monthly spread contains an overview of the month and a notes section. Weekly spreads include space to write your daily schedule, appointments, and notes.
- Monthly tabs to access months (although it seems that some versions don’t have tabs so if this feature is important to you make sure the product you purchase includes tabs)
- Yearly Overview
- List of holidays
- 21 note Pages
- Contact list pages
- States, Capitals & Time Zones
- 7 colors are available (black, blue, green, grey, orange, purple, and pink).
- An inner pocket that can hold up to 10 pages
The size is 6.25″ x 8.3″.
Best for Students with Executive Function challenges (including ADHD)
By Marilyn Gannon
The Bulletproof Planner was designed for students with Executive Function challenges, including ADHD. The planner not only helps students complete tasks and assignments but also provides tools to help organizational skills. The author has provided tools that help students manage tasks and due dates, eliminate procrastination and improve self-image and motivation.
The planner is designed to help people with executive function challenges reach their full potential despite the challenges they face on a day-to-day basis. The author gives an example of a Ferrari with a flat tire. The potential is there, but you need to fix the flat tire for the car to reach its full potential. I love the concept since I believe everyone should utilize the tools available to reach their full potential.
- Monthly calendar pages to help plan long-term assignments
- Daily homework pages. The planner provides you with a 7-step process to get your homework done
The planner is for middle-school and high-school students, but it can be used in college if you only want to track homework and assignments.
The size is US letter (8.5″ x 11″)
Best for Those who want a Pretty and Inexpensive Student Planner
- From January 2021 to December 2021
- Weekly & monthly planner covers 12 months. Each month has a full monthly view page with daily blocks and a monthly calendar for the next and previous month. There is a note section to take notes or write your priorities and goals. There are also weekly views for daily planning.
- Quick reference information
- A yearly Overview of major holidays
- Contacts pages
- Monthly quotes for inspiration
- Monthly tabs
- An inner pocket for storage
Best for Focus and Productivity
If you need your planner to help you focus and boost your productivity, then this is the one for you.
Undated Smart Academic Planner
By the Smart Planner
This planner is good for middle school, high school, or college students. It is undated which gives a lot more flexibility in my opinion. It comes in 7 different colors!
- The day planner includes a daily hourly class schedule from 8 AM to 9 PM (4 pages of class schedules)
- Project, papers, and exam planning (13 pages)
- Monthly goal tracker
- Grade trackers (14 pages) (it has a section to write what your goal was, your final grade, and the difference). I love that idea to help you reach your goals and keep you accountable.
- The weekly review calendar will help you review, reflect, and become more efficient. Each week you are asked what your biggest win was and what you should improve.
- Daily gratitude section to keep you positive. Every day there is a line to write what you are grateful for.
- Every monthly calendar has a motivational quote to inspire you.
- Log in info pages
- 7 colors are available (black, green, light blue, orange, pink, purple, and red).
- 3 silk bookmarks
- An elastic strap closure and a pen holder
- An expandable inner back pocket
The size is A5 (8.6″x5.7″).
Best for those on a budget or those who want a digital planner
Free Digital or Printable College Student Planner
This is a comprehensive student planner that includes everything you will need to plan your academic year. Full disclosure: this is our college student planner so we are not objective, but still think it is the best student planner and it’s free! There are two versions: a digital planner or a printable planner (insert the printable pages into a binder or an old planner). If you are missing anything, you can add it. On the other hand, if there are pages that you don’t need you don’t have to print them. The digital version has 120 pages and the printable version has 20 pages and you decide how many copies of each you print.
Each page has many different layouts so if you don’t like the college packing list, for example, you can go to the college packing list page and select another version. Then, when you print, you simply insert a different page into that section. If you are using the digital planner, then there is less flexibility. You can also decide not to print that page if you don’t need it.
Dimensions: 8.5″ x 11″
The planner includes class info, class schedule, and course and credit tracker.
The textbook tracker will track textbooks ordered, bought, arrived, etc.
This is a room cleaning schedule to make cleaning easier and more effective.
There is a two-paged college list in the planner to help you pack. See the college packing list for more formats you can download.
There is also a section for notes, sketches, and a to-do list.
The advantage of a DIY planner is that you can totally customize each section to meet your specific needs. There are sections on the site that you might want to add to your planner. A daily planner, weekly planner, monthly planner, homework tracker (there is one in the planner but this section has more options), goal planner and goal tracker, gratitude list or gratitude journal, password log, and a to-do list.